Chapter 6 - I'm sorry

-Nick POV-

I woke up on Judy's floor, in the position that I sat down next to her last night. I could feel the hard ground below me, slightly uncomfortable, but I didn't mind. I groggily opened my eyes after a second and my thoughts rushed into my head like a stampede, Judy, Jackson... I got annoyed, slightly hurt, mad, I felt scared for her. I growled a bit. I looked over to my right side to see her sleeping, resting her head on my elbow, she looked so peaceful.

I waited for a few minutes, my brain going insane, rushing with thoughts and scenarios. I started rubbing my paw inbetween her ears, her nose twitched and she half opened her eyes, she looked up at me.

"Good morning." I said in a calm, appreciating tone.

"Good morning." she mumbled

"I'm really sorry about what happened last night, I hope you're ok." I wrapped my arm around her

"I... I'm ok.." she said in a quiet, slightly confused tone, as if she didn't know herself that she was ok.

"Good... carrots" I exaggerated the last part in irony, attempting to make her feel better from the situation she's in. Although she didn't look up at me, She smiled and let out a slight chuckle, it made me do the same.

We sat on the floor for awhile, it felt like hours... I was holding her in my arms, resting my muzzle on her head; It felt so cozy.

After awhile she looked up at me and I glanced back at her, she stared into my eyes with her violet ones and lightly smiled. Suddenly, our lips met. I opened my eyes in shock, seeing her face so close to mine, I blushed, it was nice. I put my paw on the back of her head, kissing, I wanted to make the moment last. I could tell she wanted it to last as well, she wrapped her arms around the back of my neck.

She decided to take it farther, she kissed me harder, I accepted it and I started kissing her back passionately, our muzzles together. I ventured into her mouth a bit, licking the tip of her muzzle and inside her mouth, her allowing me. We kept kissing passionately, for what seemed like forever, our tongues slipping through each other's. It felt so nice. After a minute our lips broke, staring into each other's eyes, leaving us panting. I smiled, I was happy I was with her right now.

"I love you" Judy burst out, she was blushing

I blushed as well. "I love you too" I added

~the next day~

-Judy POV-

I woke up to the annoying sound of my alarm. feeling cozy in my bed, but I was too overwhelmed by the thought of what happened two nights ago, I was hurt, I didn't feel right. My head racing with thoughts, the scene of Jackson playing over and over. I sat there for a few minutes, my heart pounding inside of my chest. I looked over at the clock, 5:44... I slowly get up out of bed and I reach for my phone to see any new notifications. One text, from Nick.

"I told chief Bogo about the situation, you don't have to come to work until after lunch, to give you a break. I hope you feel better, have a good day fluff" I blushed.

I lazily plopped back into my bed, slowly going back to sleep.

I wake up peacefully to the morning light, cozy in bed, my fur all warm. I glance over to the clock.. "9:21"

"9:21?? I never sleep that late. Oh well."

I slowly get up out of bed and hop onto the floor, walking over to my closet. I change into my uniform and grab my phone and head out the door. I walk down my apartment steps, walking to the nearby coffee shop. I order just a caramel macchiato and a carrot muffin; I sit down at one of the tables, sipping on my coffee. Unlocking my phone, I look and see if there are any new notifications, nope. I put my phone down and hungrily bite on my muffin.

I finish my muffin and walk to work, holding my coffee in my hand. I walk in the front door and greet clawhouser as usual, him being in his usual cheery state. We talk for a minute, and I decide to head off to work.

~time skip to the end of work~

"Hey Judy!" Nick runs up to me

"Yeah?"

"Do you want to come over and watch a movie with me?" He asks, I could tell he's excited.

"Oh... uh, sure!"

His tail started wagging softly. "C'mon fluff! Let's go then!" He is so cute, I thought

We say bye to clawhouser as we walk out the front doors together.

We walk to Nicks apartment, not making much conversation...

We walk up the steps of his complex, walking down a few doors, arriving to his apartment. Nick unlocks the door and we walk in. We sit down on the couch and talk for a minute

"So fluff, what do you want to watch?"

"I don't know.. you can choose!" I tried to sound as excited as possible, not trying to think about what happened last night. I was excited.

He picks out grizzlies of the galaxy [guardians of the galaxy] we both like that movie. He puts it into the DVD player and sits down next to me on the love seat and I rest my head on his shoulder while he puts his arm around me. I feel a rush of excitement go through me, causing a slight blush to form on my cheeks, barely noticeable through my grey fur. I love him.

~2 hours later~

After the movie, I look over at Nick. He looks tired, he yawns (in the way that all canines do). He looks so cute, I lightly smile, he means a lot to me.

Nicks phone vibrates.. a text message

Both of our ears perk up instantly at the sound, nick coming out of his partial trance.