Chapter 8- H-h-elp me

-Nick POV-

I wake up in the back of the van. It's dark, I can't see anything until my night vision adjusts, I don't know where I am. Confused, my head is throbbing... I look around my surroundings to see if there's anything i could do. I make eye with a fire extinguisher, giving myself the idea to break the black spray painted window on the back door of the van.

One thing, My right arm is sprained, it hurts like hell. I stand up weakly, my legs wobbling beneath me. I see if there is anything I could do, but I am so weak. I walk over to the fire extinguisher, reaching my left arm up to reach it, but I'm stuck. I look behind me and there is a chain hooked to my ankle.

"Uuuuugggghh!!" I moan in frustration as I put my right paw on my head

After minutes of struggling to get out of the chains and trying to reach the fire extinguisher, getting tired and weak, I decide to give up. I crouch down and let myself fall onto the floor. I'm worried about Judy, she must be worried sick about me.

I lay there for a few minutes, my head throbbing, I eventually start to lose my senses and slowly pass out from exhaustion.

I wake up in a room of 4 white walls, immediately I recognize that it's a hospital. There is a machine hooked up to me beeping in unison to my heart. I look to my right and Judy is sitting in a chair that is too big for her because her feet barely go off the edge of it. She looks at me with wide eyes, hops off the chair, runs up to me and hugs me, I return the favor.

"NICK! I WAS SO WORRIED!" She hugs tighter and bursts out crying.

"I'm ok now carrots.. you're crushing my ribs by the way" I laugh and she lets out the slightest giggle.

After another minute she let's go of me and plops off the be, Not giving any eye contact to me.

"What's the matter carrots?" I feel that there is something not right. I sit up on the white hospital bed, concerned for her.

She just sits there crying softly, looking at the floor. I get worried for her

After a second of silence, "I can't take it anymore" she mumbles, the tears flowing down her face.

"What do you mean?" I question

"There's too much drama, too many bad things have happened, I.. I-I can't ta-ake it anymore."

She walks over to the window and opens it, letting the 5th story breeze in and she looks up at the sky. She stopped crying but is now just sobbing.

"I told you..." she began " I can't take it anymore"

She starts to lean forward outside the window, looking at the sky, her ears down behind her back, and her arms on the outer ledge. "G-goodbye N. N-Nick. I w-will always remember y-y-you" she chocked her words, still sobbing. She then takes a deep breath and she unhesitatingly lets her arms slip.

"JUDY" I scream bloody murder in petrify

The world seemed to advance in slow motion. My whole life flashed before me, emphasizing the parts with Judy and I, all of the times we've had together. I could not believe what I am seeing, tears form in my eyes and slip down the fur on my face as I lay frozen on the white hospital bed.

Judy plummeted out of the 5th story window, pounding the concrete sidewalk on the streets of Zootopia. Dead.