Chapter 25

*Loreign*

I sat inside the airport waiting for my big brother and his wife. People were rushing by and hugging one another. Families saying hellos and goodbyes. Then I saw my brother Leo emerge from the crowd.

He was 27, our older brother. Tall and slender with more freckles then md and Geneva combined. His dreads were always neat and kept just like Geneva but he just started his a few years ago.

He grabbed me and swung me around. "Brubbyyy!! I missed youuu!!"

"I missed ya two Mousey. I thought Minnie was comin withcha." His Nola accent was stronger then mine since they moved back to the city.

Leo had always called me and Geneva, Minnie and Mousey. My momma said it came out of nowhere and it stuck.

"Nah she had to run the lounge we gone meet her there. Where's Meme?"

As soon as I said her name I felt someone wrap me up in another hug. It was Esmerelda. Also known as my Meme. We squealed and screamed with excitement.

"Ohhh mah gawdd hunny you look deliciousssss

"Ohhh mah gawdd hunny you look deliciousssss." Meme said pointing at me.

"Me? Gurl look at you though. You glowin' and what not." She smiled and went to hug Leo.

"Well ya know you get a glo when you got a bun in the oven." My eyes got wide.

"Really?!? Oh my gosh! I'm so happy for y'all." Leo and Meme had been trying to have a baby for the longest but couldn't so if this child made it he or she would be a little miracle.

Leo grabbed all the bags and we headed to my car and back to the lounge. He turned to me as we stopped at a red light.

"So. You gone tell me more 'bout this Alonzo dude? I heard he got some fame on him? How you dealin with it?"

Fuckin' Geneva can't ever keep that trap shut.

I could tell already that this was gone be a long week. My brubby was VERY overprotective. I remember when I got married and he was out of the country on business. He came back and almost had a heart attack. He would always be the same way.

"Um. Im still gettin used to the luxury but he's not like eribody else. He's really humble and down to earth. You know I aint lyin cause I can't be with anybody stuck up."

He nodded looking out the window. "Yeah I figure he aright. If he can get you outta dat funk you was in then he must be somethin."

I smiled at the thought. I was going through a slight depression before meeting Alonzo but I had forgotten all about it. He was truly something special.

We made it to the lounge to meet with Genny. "Heyyy Minnie!!" Meme screamed running to Gen.

"Wait. Are you pregnant?" Genny raised her eyebrow at Meme and she nodded. "How'd you know?"

"Girl please. I seen that pregnant glo all the way outside."

They hooped and hollered even more talking about pregnancy stuff. I started toward my office to get set up for a private session I had coming up.

My phone vibrated in my pocket.
Thumper💖😂🙌💦

"Hey Babyboy what's goin on." my tone had a smile because of his nickname on my phone. Geneva was too funny.

"What you all smiley for Ms.Skyy?"

"Oh nothin. Just glad to hear your voice that's all."

I could hear him laughing slightly "Yeah you are pretty lucky huh." I knew he was smirking.

"Boy what do you want?"

He was hesitant. "Yo people in town yet?"

"Yeah why?"
"Maybe we could all go out tonight. You know. So I can meet ya brother and sister in law."

I pondered for a second and told him to hold on. I opened my office door and yelled for Leo to come here. He stood in front of me.

"What y'all got planned for tonight Brubby?" he creased his eyebrows thinking.

"Nothing why?"
"Alonzo wants us to all get together and have dinner or somethin. You know go out somewhere."

He gave me a side eye and rubbed his chin slowly. He didn't look happy but he still agreed.

"Yeah baby thats good. Just shoot me the details later I gotta session to teach."

"Aright coo. Love you baby."

My heart did that weird jumping thing it does when he says he loves me.

"Love you too Thumper bye."
"Wha-" I hung up before he could hear what I said and debate me about his new name.

My brother still stood there with his arms crossed. "You in love huh? Don't you think it's to soon Mousey? I mean you ju.."

"Don't start Lee. I love him okay. Time don't tell me how to feel. My heart does." I know he is overprotective and all but I'm still grown.

"Well aright Mousey but you betta stop thinkin withcha heart and start thinkin witcha head. You might end up hurt. And I don't wanna see you like that no more."

"I'm being safe. I promise."
No one wanted to see me travel down that path again.

A.n
Hey stay tuned. Hitting yall with 3 chapters.

Thanks for all the love n support of the book.

Go check out my joint book with the ladies of the dreamteam on our joint page DreamTeam5