Surprise surprise

"Well, happy birthday to me..." You say softly as you eat the last cupcake left from the party your friends and family threw you.

Everyone has already left and you're alone now. You enjoyed the night but you can't help but think about how much you wish one person in particular could have been there: your girlfriend

Lauren's been working like crazy, she tried her hardest to make it for the day but at the last minute she said he wouldn't be able to. You're used to plans changing between the two of you, that's what you signed up for when you decided to date someone famous, but it's been months since you last seen each other and lately the long distance relationship has been getting to you.

Your phone vibrates on the table and it makes you snap back to reality. You lick the frosting off your hands and scurry to the table to check your phone. 1 new voicemail from Lauren.

"Hey, beautiful. Happy birthday again! I know I texted it to you but I wanted to call too, I miss hearing your voice. You're probably busy with friends but call me back when you get a chance. I love you and I miss you. So so so much. Alright, I sound super cheesy so I'm gonna hang up now before I start crying. Just kidding. But seriously, I hope you enjoyed your day babe. You deserve it." You immediately hit the call back button and wait while the phone rings, hoping you can still catch her while she's on break from recording a song.

After a few seconds, the line stops ringing and she picks up. "You called back!" She says enthusiastically.

"Guess the infamous birthday girl has time for her girlfriend after all."

"Sorry, it was really loud and I must not have heard my phone ring. Everyones gone, doesn't look like this birthday girl has any plans for the rest of the evening." You sigh dramatically into the phone, which makes Lauren laugh.

"Well I got done recording early, so I guess you're just gonna have to talk to me on the phone for the rest of the night." You open your mouth to respond, but before you can, you hear a knock at the door.

"Who is that?" Lauren asks.

"I have no idea..." You look around to see if anyone left anything behind by accident but the house is spotless.

You open the door and see Lauren on the other end, holding a giant birthday present in her hands with a bow on top and everything. she screams, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" And puts the present down to run towards you.

You drop your phone in shock and run into her arms. She twirls you around for a few seconds before stopping and kissing you passionately.

In this moment, it feels like all the waiting was worth it. You kiss her like her lips hold the answers to all the problems in the world, and everything feels right again. You break away to say, "How... When... What are you doing here?!"

"I have my ways. God, I missed you so much." she steps toward you again and rests her chin on your head as she wraps her hands around your waist to sway you back and forth.

"I missed your kisses and your laugh and the smell of your hair." You look up at her with admiring eyes.

Lauren kisses your forehead softly and you ask the question that's been hovering over you this whole time. "How long are you here for?"

She looks at you with sad eyes and you know the blissful feeling of having her in your life again won't last for long.

"I can only stay for the night, they gave me the day off but only if I worked all day tomorrow." she sees your smile fade and pauses.

Lauren touches your arms ever so slighting with her fingertips, moving them up and down slowly, sending chills down your back. You never knew something so simple as a graze could turn you on so much. She continues with, "That means we have to make tonight count." And you know exactly what she's hinting towards.

Smirking, you respond, "Well then, I guess we do." As you pull her towards your bedroom.

and i think you know what happen😏