Ms. Camping Expert

Lauren and I had decided to toss away our city lives for a few days and head out on a camping trip. And a proper camping trip at that. We packed the tents and folding chairs, sleeping packs, the whole lot.

"Did you grab the first aid kit?" I asked her as I checked over the two large duffle bags we had in front of us.

"Yes babe, I have everything you asked me to grab"

"Perfect. Let's be on our way then, shall we?"

"We shall"

We loaded up the car and Lauren drove us up to the lake we would be staying at. The radio played softly as the city view passed us quickly and it was replaced with pretty trees and scenery.

Once we had arrived, we took our things out and found a good spot to pitch our tent.

"Now I must warn you, I'm a bit of a camping expert." Lauren said, smirking at me.

"Are you now? Let's just see about that" We had everything laid out in no time and began to secure the edges of the tent down with the stakes.

"Now we just-" I could hear Lauren muttering to herself as I set up our campfire.

I giggled, turning around to see her struggling with the poles of the tent.

"Babe?" I turned to face her

"Yes Ms. Camping Expert?"

"Can you help me please?" she asked with puppy dog eyes.

"thought you said you could do it?" i teased, nonetheless walking over to help her out.

"I forgot how hard it was" I grabbed the pole from her hand, putting it into place, doing the same for the others and then setting them up.

"Done. Would you like to make our beds?" She looked at me mystified.

"you're amazing!" she pulled me in for a hug and a quick kiss.

"Thanks babe"I smiled widely and went to finish my job.

I put all of the kindling together in a small bunch, making a little tepee of larger pieces of wood around it.
I looked around for the matches, not seeing them anywhere.

"Lo? Have you seen the matches?"

"Oh now who needs my help?" she called back sarcastically.

She walked over to me and I stood up, wrapping my arms around her waist.

"You're an absolute asshole you know that?"

"But I'm your asshole" she responded, pulling me closer.

"you're right" I said leaning up to kiss her. her hand trailed down my back and rested on my butt

"Cheeky bastard as well" I mumbled against her lips and she chuckled, giving my ass a light squeeze.

"Love you."

"I love you too"

--------------------

sooo that's it guys. vote for more and i'll update soon🖤