vi

I abruptly stopped in my tracks and made a confused look. "W-What?" I questioned. "Yein, I'm here to see you."

     Yein only furrowed her eyebrows at me.

     Why is she acting this way?

     "See me? But why sunbaenim?" She questions back with furrowed brows.

     My breathing becomes heavy and my heart was beating really fast. I'm suddenly becoming anxious for some reason.

     Did she, perhaps.....forget me?

     "Yein, do you remember the rooftop?" I asked her one last time, hinting hope in my voice.

     She sighed and broke the eye contact  and looked at her hands.

     "I-I'm sorry sunbaenim." And just like that, I heard my heart shattering into a million pieces.

     "I don't know what you're talking about...."

     I looked down and scoffed in disbelief. "This can't be..." I whispered to myself.

     I took a few steps backwards. Without me knowing, tears were gathering in the corner of my eyes. I wipe them with a heavy heart and chuckled bitterly at how pathetic I look in front of her, her members and her manager.

     I glanced at her members and her manager. I bow a lot of times. "I'm sorry, I really am." I apologized politely and sincerely as I possibly can.

     Then I turned to Yein. "I-I'm sorry for suddenly barging in and bothering you, Yein hoobae." I manage to tell her without eye contact and forced a smile. "Well, I hope you get well soon..."

     I turned to the door and opened it. "So we can meet in music shows."

     I closed the door behind me.

     I took a deep breath and ran out of the hospital. It wasn't too long before I reached the front of the hospital.

     "She has no memories of being a ghost?" I muttered hopelessly as I stared at the floor.

     I decided to wait for a cab and head home.

     "We're here." I heard the taxi driver speak. I snapped out of my trance for a while and handed him money. "Your cha-" I closed the door of the cab and walked towards the building reluctantly.

     I stopped in front of my apartment's door and reached for the door knob but I stopped.

     No. I don't want the hyungs to see me in this state. I need to calm down.

     Before I even know it, I was already in the rooftop.

     I approached the bench and took a seat. I looked up and there was the moon, behind the clouds.

     Yein's favorite view.

     I glanced at the empty space beside me, the space where Yein would always occupy and stare at the sky with me. Then she would babble about the rooftop being her favorite place because it was the only place where she can see a lot of beautiful things.

     But to me, every place was nice, as long as I'm with you.

     I looked around.

     Her image of skipping around was still clear. It was when I first took her here.

     I felt a tiny droplet of water on my hand.

     I looked up but the sky didn't seem like it won't rain.