One last time

It was a cold December night - nearly two months since we broke up.
You slipped your arm around my waist, a small gesture, yet one I had noticed instantly.
I stiffened slightly as you turned to face me, putting your right hand on the other other side of my waist.
"I'm sorry".
I couldn't look at you in the eyes. Those ice-blue eyes that made my heart race... If I looked into them, I'd be dead. A goner.
I said nothing and continued staring down at my red high tops.
"Jasmine? I'm sorry. I'm so sorry for putting you through all of it. I'm sorry for not being there for you when you needed me. I'm sorry for hurting you and leaving you completely alone. I'm sorry-"
"I've heard enough," I cut you off, a bitter tone in my voice.
"No. Hear me out. I never meant to do any of those things to you, I love you, Jasmine! I love you and I miss you, I can't believe I was dumb enough to let you slip through my fingers. Perhaps you deserve better - someone who will treat you like the queen you deserve to be treated... But I swear on my life, no one will ever love you as much as I do."
"You never loved me."
You moved your hand to my chin, and tilted my face towards yours.
Mesmerized, I gazed into your beautiful eyes. I always knew when you were lying... I mean, you were terrible at it.
Unfortunately, your eyes spoke nothing but the truth.
"I still love you," you whispered, moving one step closer to me. "And most of all, I'm sorry for being sorry. I wish I had no reason to be sorry, but I do, and for that, I am very sor-"
I stood on my tiptoes, grabbed your face and kissed your lips.
A feeling of warmth and love exploded in my chest, sending it through the rest of my body.
You pulled away first, and stared at me in shock.
"Now I'm the one who's sorry," I whispered as I made eye contact with you.
You smiled. "Don't be sorry. I've wanted to taste your lips again for weeks and weeks."
Shyly, I kicked a rock with the tip of my shoe and bit my lip. "So.. What happens now?"
You traced my face with your index finger, never taking your eyes off of mine. "This," you answered, leaning down and pressing your lips against mine once more.
I can't do this. Deep down, I know it's selfish but I have built a wall around my heart. I can't let you hurt me again, but... Let's have this moment. One last time.