Pain

Pain never goes away. Not completely, anyway. It subsides, yes, but your broken heart never fully mends, never heals. If you throw a plate on the ground - even after love, care, and a great amount of effort, it's still broken. Sure, maybe it's glued back together but it's still cracked and messed up. Usually, at this stage, people replace it, the same way that people replace YOU. Pain never goes away. It's just invisible at times. It's like the sun. Always there - wether it's nighttime, wether it's behind clouds, or as clear as day - it's always there, and it's not going away. You can try and numb the pain, many people attempt this by drinking, smoking, kissing strangers, or carving lines into their skin. Does any of this help? Possibly, but if you want a permanent solution, you just have to deal with it. You can't get drunk because the only thing you will remember is their scent, how they would've held you in their arms as you cry. They were there for you - and now you must accept the fact that only you are there for yourself. If you truly loved a person, you will forever love them, no matter how many years pass by, you will see their face in crowds, your heart will stop beating when someone says their name. A broken heart never mends completely - and pain never entirely leaves.