Blackness

It surrounded me. The pain faded, but left nothing but blackness. Pure black. Not mingled with other shades but a dark menacing black. One that threatened to take away my soul. Nothing could be felt. I wanted to scream again, but the peace and calm this strange darkness had brought was odd. I could have laid there for a century. But something was off.

A speck of color caught my eye, and I wandered slowly towards it. The speck that somehow had penetrated the darkness was also odd. It had almost no means of being there, just other than making a disrruption. Color started to flood my sights and I had to shut my eyes tightly to block it out. What was I going to see? Anyhthing worth seeing? Would it help me get out of this place? I slowly opened one eyes, then the other. This was amazing. I looked through a small window into a large room. I looked around, my heart thumping excitedly. It looked like a bedroom, but I saw a girl brushing her hair. Her golden hair. Just like mine. The music reached my ears and my foot involuntary started to tap. The girl twirled in front of me and I gasped. Her eyes, baby blue, like mine. Her skin, a perfect golden brown, was almost exactly like mine. She was perfect. Her white t-shirt and pink night-shorts made her look like an actress... or a super model. Almost nothing like me, but also... exactly my repilca. A small knock on the door brought the perfect me to a stop, a grin on her face.

A boy had come in. I gawked at him, how perfect he was as well. Something about those rare-bllue eyes, and brown hair made something inside me flutter. Like I was the perfect me. But I wasn't. I was the IM-perfect me. I was far from her. The boy put his strong arms around her and she giggled. Her musical giggle and his heartly laugh mixed, and I miled. They were both perfect. And I longed to be that perfect girl. She had a perfect guy,and a perfect life. But then I noticed something. Her foot. One foot ha bright pink nail polish and one did not. The foot with the nail polish on it was the only "out-of-the-ordinary" thing on her. That ankle had writing around it. Small, but dark enough to where I could read it, I almost gasped. Not really something you would gasp at, but in this perfect world, on this perfect girl, was this - He owns me forever and day. How I wish I owned him too. The boy looked at me and I felt the butterflies begin again. Something about that face. I couldn't lay my finger on it. The boy took him arm from around her waist and held her hand gently, leading her towards the door. My vision dissipeared as fast as it had come.

I wanted a hand to hold. I wanted him. I wanted the world. Everything and anything. It was selfish to think that, but just a hand would have satisfied me. I tried squeeze my hand into a fist but something stopped me. As if there was another hand in mine. I tried harder to make a fist, but I couldn't. A deep voice came inside of my little home, bringing me towards it. The words were unclear, but I knew I wanted to be near that particular thing. All the feelings inside me built up, as if I was going to explode. The perfect boys face swam in front of my eyes, but then I almost fainted. I know that face. It's the face of my Aaron. He wasn't really mine yet, but I liked calling him mine. In my mind, he was. How I wanted to know! The calm voice drifted farther, pulling me closer. A light shone up a head. I ran. And then, suddenly, I opened my eyes and saw Aaron standing over me, relief evident in his eyes and my hand in his.

One Tune