Choclate

I sighed and walked down the deserted hallway, my cast hitting against the floor and making a ringing noise everytime it hit the cold floor.

I clutched the dusty book to my chest and hobbled on, my teeth chattering non-stop. The chill from outside had found its way into the corridors, and this one especially. Only the rooms were heated, and the hallways were left to bare the harsh freezes. The tiles seemed to absorb the cold and when they couldn't hoold anymore, released it back ot the air. It is evil I tell you. No matter, I treked through the iced plains and arrived at the hulking doors that led to the medical ward. When I arrived, I opened the door with one hand, the book held in the other, "Did someone call for a book?" I smiled at Aaron, wo just looked at me. He smirked, closed his eyes, and shook his head. Yep, I was still a dork.

"I did. And why are you suddenly helping in the library?"

I shrugged, "I'm helping out because I can't exactly train for running with this leg. I got an excuse no to go to class and they count me there. I gave the coaches the note and all."

"But you were here first period..."

"I'm excused from all trainings. I can't just wander the halls, but I am allowed to help in the library or vist the medical ward. I visited you first period, and now I'm helping in the library. Make sense?"

"Kind of, but anyways, give me my book..." He reached out with a hand, grabbing at thin air.

"Magic word?"

"Give me the freaking book?"

I laughed and handed him his precious book. He then clutched it to his chest and I sat on the edge of his bed, "So how are you feeling?"

"Meh."

"You know, chocolate makes everything better."

"It can't heal the hole that's growing inside of me."

I stared at him a moment, and shook the mount of questions growing for him.

After I found out the time, I rushed back to the library, and the librarian cocked a eyebrow at me but refrained from asking questions. I knew he was wondering and answered anyways, "I got lost on the way back." He simply nodded and went off to checking something on his rusted computer and I headed over to some plush chairs in a back corner.

One Tune