Chapter 7 - Your name is Walter Reynolds

"Are you sure about this, Han?"

Han gave another one of his cheeky smiles as he glanced at Gray.

"Kid, remember you're talking to the guy who won the Millennium Falcon at a sarbaac game."

Gray and Han had discussed and quarrelled of what they were supposed to do next. Unlike Han, Gray was very nervous and even more moody than usual.
And now the famous, wanted smuggler meant to enter a casino for reasons Gray didn't know. No matter how much she yelled at him, sulked or kicked the floor in despair, the only thing he'd do was that annoying little smirk or say: 'Trust me, kid.'
It took quite long, hard time for Gray to accept his plan. What choice did she have?

"Alright" she said with gritted teeth. She stormed out of the room and came back shortly after with an adult-size black smoking.

"Wha-"

"It's my Dad's smoking."

"So?"

"So, you've got to wear it." said Gray dryly.

"What? Why?"

"Because. If you want to enter a casino, you've got to look fancy."

Han looked down at his long-sleeved blue jacket.

"But I like my clothes, thank you very much." he responded. "I think I look fancy enough."

"I don't care. If you want to go so badly, you've got to wear a smoking. If you don't want you, too bad. Well? "

Han sighed.

"Okay, Miss. Turn round." he ordered.

"Don't call me that." she grunted as she sat on her bed with her back to Han. If only she had been careful not to step on Tom's stupid toy...

"Right." said his voice later. "I'm done."

Gray left her thoughts and looked at Han wearing her father's smoking. It was truly strange to see Han dressed like an American gentleman.

"How do I look?" he asked, slightly outstretching his arms to show his outfit.

Gray examined him from bottom to top. When her eyes met his collar, she covered her mouth tightly with her hand. She felt an urge she hadn't felt for some time: the urge to throw back her head and burst out laughing.
She couldn't avoid letting out a small, muffled giggle.

"Don't laugh at me." said Han, trying to look angry.

"No, Han, you look alright, honestly." she said, her voice shaking with suppressed laughter. "But your bow tie - it's...not right."

She instinctively walked to him and reached for the crooked bow tie to fix it.

"There." she said, as Han looked at her in surprise.

A very awkward silence followed.

"Er..." Gray tried to find intelligent words to say. "Hey, but you can't wander around in public looking like a Harrison Ford come from the past! I've got to disguise you. I'll be back."

She ran off, but came back surprisingly soon with something wrapped in kitchen paper.

"Here." she announced, holding it out.

"What's that?" Han asked.

"In case you're hungry." Gray said as she closed the door.

Puzzled, Han carefully unwrapped a small sandwich Gray had made for him. He took a bite and smiled genuinely. Perhaps everything wouldn't be that hard after all, he thought.