Chapter 1 - A difficult deal

"No, no and NO!"

Admiral Pytt didn't know what more could he do. He really was dealing with the most obstinate man he'd ever known.

"Captain Solo! Please, Captain Solo, you must listen to me! I am not asking you such a dreadful thing! You're my bravest man, I know you can do this!" The Admiral tried to catch up with the smuggler, who was marching off fiercely.

Han Solo stopped abruptly to face the Admiral, his eyes full of indignation.

"What?! If you really had a little respect for me, you'd ask me to make a long hard expedition on Hoth! You'd ask me to fight an army of Sand People! I'd even rather fight a rancor in Jabba's pit, just like that kid Luke did a few years ago! But you just can't ask me to become a....a -

" It's the only way, Captain!" insisted the Admiral "Otherwise, we are doomed! The whole galaxy is doomed! In fact, all the other galaxies are also doomed if we fail!"

"And why me, huh?" Han shouted "With all the volunteering men you've got, you had to pick me."

"You're the indicated man for the job!" said Pytt, now desperate. "Please, Captain. Be reasonable. The galaxies' destiny is in our hands!"

Han sighed and frowned as he looked away. He was not an easy man to convince, and Admiral Pytt knew it. Rare were the things that would make him change his mind once he'd made it.

And so the Admiral put his final card on the table.

"I'll tell you what," he started serenely, "I'll make a deal with you."

Han's eyebrow raised, and a twinkle of curiosity appeared in his hazel iris.

"What deal?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, that's it for the first chapter, guys. I know it's really really short, but a brief begging can lead to a very interesting plot! The second chapter is coming very very soon.