Chapter Three

(NOT EDITED)

After helping the cooks clean up the kitchen, Beatrice made her way into the hall, only to see Ms Caldwell. "Mr Freeman wants you to greet his nephew and show him to his room. It's the room to the left of James Freeman's," she explained. Beatrice nodded. "Make yourself look presentable. I'll help."

"Thank you," Beatrice responded.

****

Ms Caldwell lead Beatrice to a small room with a single sink in front a bed. The walls weren't painted in years, so it was a pale cream. The room was empty, other than a twin sized bed, the sink, a mirror, and a small dresser with only two drawers.

"Sit," Ms Caldwell said as she pulled out a brush from the dresser. Beatrice did what she told, and Ms Caldwell began running the brush through her long strawberry blonde locks. It didn't take too long to completely brush through it, and Ms Caldwell went to the dresser and pulled out a dress and a pair of shoes.

It was colored a pale blue with a free flowing skirt. Even though it wasn't a made of rich fabric or be covered in prized jewels, Beatrice took in the dress like it was the most beautiful thing she ever seen. "It was mine when I was your age Ms Caldwell explained, "and I would like to give it to you."

"But I couldn't," Beatrice said, shaking her head.

"I want you to have it. Please." Beatrice stared at the dress, before nodding. She couldn't say no to Ms Caldwell, or a beautiful dress, so Ms Caldwell left the room to let Beatrice change.

When Beatrice looked at herself, she realized the dress fit her perfectly, the sleeves reaching her elbows and skirt helm brushing her ankles. As she looked in the mirror, she been to wonder if the dress was made just for her. Yes, she knew what Ms Caldwell said, but it perfectly fit her everywhere.

Beatrice shook herself out of it. Whatever it was would have to wait; she had a guest to welcome.