Chapter Six-Mix Tape #1

Cali's POV

The next morning I woke up early and panicked. I had class today!

I sat up, accidentally waking Niall, whose arm was wrapped around me.

"Where are you going?" He whined sleepily.

"I have class today!" I told him. Forgetting the fact that he was there, I stripped out of the clothes he had let me borrow last night.

I lifted up my shirt to put it on when I realized what I did.

"Whoops. Sorry." I said as I pulled it on. I looked at him.

He smiled tiredly. "Love. It's Saturday."

I smiled and hit my head against the wall. "That's what you get for making me stay here." I laughed and looked at my phone. It was 7:48.

"I know it's early, but I have to get home and finish unpacking my stuff."

I saw his confused look and said, "I just moved here for school."

I realized we didn't know much about each other and vowed to call him later.

After arguing a few minutes, I walked out of his room and down the stairs.

He leaned out his door. "Call me later love!" He whisper-yelled.

"Okay." I blew him a kiss, then walked down the rest of the stairs and out the door.

I turned around and went right back inside, up the stairs, and into Niall's room.

"Can I have a ride home?"

He chuckled, then groaned a little, crawling out of bed. "You owe me love." Then he winked at me.

"As if." I said smiling. "You were the one who said you wanted to do this right."

"Damn!" He whispered.

I laughed as he pulled on a shirt and grabbed my hand. I laced my fingers through his and we let our hands hang loosely between us, swinging slightly.

When we got to the car he opened my door and let me climb in, before closing it. I watched him walk around to the other side of the car and open his own door.

I told him where I lived and he told me that I wouldn't need to waste my money on cabs anymore; as long as he wasn't working or busy with other things, he would take me wherever I liked.

When we got to my house, he got out and opened my door for me again. He grabbed my hand again and I led him to my front door.

At my door, we turned toward each other and Niall put his arms around my waist, sticking his hands in my back pockets. I wrapped my hands around his neck and stood on my tip-toes. At a whopping height of 5'2, I was definitely shorter than him.

I kissed him and just like every time, sparks shot through my lips and made me feel wired.

When Niall pulled away too soon, I frowned, and he kissed me one last time. He pulled his hands out of my pockets and let them rest on my hips for a second, then he turned around to leave.

"I love you Cali." He said, not bothering to turn around. I left him unanswered, not knowing whether he said that to me or himself.

I unlocked my door with shaking hands and decided to listen to music to calm myself. I went to the music app and clicked on playlists. I was about to click on my playlist labeled 'Summer :P', when I noticed one I hadn't made, named 'Mix Tape #1'. I opened it and saw that none of the songs were ones that I had bought; they were all newly purchased. I figured Niall was probably messing with my phone the night before.

I plugged my phone into my dock and pressed play. Over the next hour, I heard a variety of songs that were: Kissin' You by Miranda Cosgrove, All About Us by He Is We, Crazier by Taylor Swift, Everything I Want by Steve Rushton, It Will Rain by Bruno Mars, Love Will Take You by Angus and Julia Stone, Turning Page by Sleeping At Last, Catching Feelings by Justin Bieber, and Die In Your Arms by Justin Bieber.

I cried when I got to the end of the songs. That would have to be the sweetest and most romantic thing anyone had ever done for me.