thirteen

heyo I made a Twitter follow me kanershuffle_

---

It was now mid-March which meant the guys were gearing up for playoffs. Everything became so much more serious. To make matters worse, the Hawks were struggling. Everyone was stressed out.

"Hey love," Art greeted me as I got in the passenger seat of his car.

"Hi." I leaned over and pecked his cheek.

We drove to the coffee shop in a comfortable silence. He was going to drop me off to class before going to practice.

We sat down at a table after ordering our coffees. He opened his mouth to speak but my phone rang, interrupting him. I sent him an apologetic glance after showing him that it was my mom calling.

I stood up and walked outside to take the call. "Hey mom," I said, running my free hand through my hair.

"Hi Claire! How's everything going over there?" She asked peppily over the phone.

I tried to sound happy to talk to her but I really just wanted to get back to Artemi. "Great. Actually, I was just grabbing coffee with someone. How are things back home?"

"Oh they're fine. So who are you out with?" She asked curiously. I rolled my eyes, my mom loved to gossip.

"You probably don't know him, but I met-"

"Him?!" She cut me off. "Claire honey, do you have a boyfriend?"

"No," I answered way too quickly to be believable.

My mother began freaking out. "That's great honey! You have to bring him home as soon as possible, okay? How does next weekend sound?"

"I have to check-"

"Great!" She cut me off again. "I've gotta run but tell him I say hello!"

I sighed. "Will do. Love you Mom."

"Love you too. See you next Saturday," she said before hanging up. I groaned and put my phone in my pocket.

I headed back inside to see Artemi looking at me confused. "Why are you frustrated?"

I plopped back down in the seat across from him. "She wants to meet you."

His brow furrowed and he looked painfully adorable. "Why is that bad?"

"My family hates hockey," I stared bluntly.

Art looked taken aback. "Oh," he said, obviously speechless.

"Yeah, oh." I sighed and rested my chin in the palm of my hand. "And knowing my mom she's going to want to meet you one way or another so we might as well get it over with now." I glanced at the time on my phone. "Shit, I've gotta run babe. I'll see you later tonight?"

I felt bad because we barely spent any time together today. He nodded and stood up with me. Artemi wrapped his arms around me and pressed a kiss to the top of my head. "Don't worry, everything will be fine. See you after my game," he said.

I looked up at him. "Okay," I said softly. "Good luck tonight and play hard." I pressed a light kiss to his lips. "Bye."

---

The boys were playing Dallas tonight which was a big game considering both teams wanted to move further up in the Western Conference to clinch a playoff spot.

The game didn't go in our favor, however, and they ended up losing 6-2 on home ice. I met Artemi after the game in the hallway near the locker rooms.

"Hey," I said as he walked out.

He sighed harshly through his nose. "Hi. Let's go."

I was stunned at the way he was acting, but I can't say I was surprised. The Hawks were definitely not playing the way they should have been lately and it was obviously taking a toll on Artemi.

I walked quickly to catch up with him. I slipped my hand in his, only to have him pull away and walk even faster. I ended up walking a few feet behind him out to the parking lot.

We got in the car and I turned to look at him. "What's your issue? I know you're frustrated with your game right now but you don't have to take it out on me."

"No, you don't know. You don't understand so just leave me alone," he snapped.

I sat back in my seat, not wanting to talk to him anymore. I stared out the window the whole ride back to my apartment.

When we got there and he parked the car, I got out quickly. I didn't say anything and closed the door a little harder than I should've, leaving Artemi sitting alone in his car.

---

oooo a little bit of drama

another update!! let me know what you guys think