Chapter 6 Bonetrousles and Undyne

"Sans said that we'd have to battle his brother. How are we supposed to get by Papyrus? He said that Lily knew," Sonic said as they walked out of the restaurant.

"I'm still kinda shaken up from... what Sans told me about... Her," Shadow answered.

"Yeah... It was a little freaky, but so long as you're able to fight it, you shouldn't be possessed. You are a pretty tough guy!" Sonic said nudging Shadow to give him encouragement.

"Physically, yes. Every other way... I'd fall apart..."

"YEAH, TALKING LIKE THAT IS MAKING YOU FALL APART. C'mon! Let's go explore some new place! Go beyond the boundaries! See what the world has to offer!" Sonic yelled as he pointed to the sky.

"I'm with Sonic," Lily agreed.

Shadow pulled himself together enough to nod and continue on with them. They left the cute town of Snowdin (after saving) and just as they were outside of the town, someone stepped in front of them. Papyrus.

"Well, look who's trying to leave town... Didn't even care to say goodbye? That's kind of... insulting," Papyrus told them without a hint of anger. He was more disappointed than angry.

Sonic immediately felt the guilt. "Um... We didn't mean to! We just forgot! Besides, we were going to come back!" Sonic replied.

"Well, at least I caught you before you left. However, before you even dare try to leave, I want to tell you that the one day you stayed at my wonderful house has been... the most fun I've had in a while! Shadow is a magnificent cook, Lily is a glorious friend, and Sonic is always believing in others. I respect all of those things in you. You three meet all of my standards. I suppose that it's a bit much to ask, but can we possibly be... Wait. I can't be doing this! I'm supposed to deliver you to Undyne! I can't be your friends!" Papyrus said to himself.

"Um... You could become our friends and then deliver us to Undyne?" asked Sonic with a shrug. Shadow rolled his eyes to that idea.

"Undyne wants to kill us you, idiot!" Shadow snapped.

"Oh yeah..."

"Well, then there's only one way to settle this. We'll settle this with a battle!" Papyrus announced as he summoned a bone to his hand. He launched it towards Lily who sidestepped without a problem. The bone returned to his hand and Papyrus readied for a much more powerful attack. Lily sighed. She stepped forward to make her move.

When Sonic and Shadow figured out what Sans meant, they first laughed. Then, their jaws were left dropped. Sonic couldn't take his eyes off of her and Shadow had to jump up a tree just to escape from her ability. Of course, because it worked so good on the hedgehogs, it worked on Papyrus.

"F-flirting?! S-so! You finally reveal your ultimate feelings!" Papyrus stated as he tried to keep up battling and not be infatuated.

Lily continued to flirt, but she didn't get anywhere from it. Papyrus continued his attack, but he was still thinking about what Lily was telling him. "No! L-let's date later!"

Lily put her hands up to show that she wasn't going to fight. Papyrus sighed with disappointment. "So you won't fight... I guess that was to be expected from you! Well, let's see how you deal with my blue attack!" he yelled as a bunch of blue bones flew at her. She didn't move. The bones flew right through her.

Sonic was taking notes. Lily was really good at the art of the battle without fighting. He wrote down everything. From how he shouldn't move for blue attacks to how to flirt if usable in the specific situation. He went back to looking at the fight. Lily continued to spare and dodge with amazing speed.