Chapter ten

Chapter Ten- too close

Renesmee pov

Although I did wonder one thing. Alice was supposed to pick up Layla fron denali. Why is she driving us home. Maybe Layla is coming by herself.

We finally got back to the main house where Spencer was standing at the door.

"Thank you guys so much for letting me join your family. It really means a lot to me."

"Its our pleasure. Why don't you show Renesmee and I your gift since you showed the rest of the family." Alice said as she smiled and pushed me a little forward.

" Wait. You have a gift?" I said puzzled.

" Yes I do."

Just then Spencer stepped back and began to shake.

Then there was two Spencers.

" your gift is that you can multiply yourself." I said I shock.

" Not only that. If someone kills one of the clones I don't die." Spencer said while he killed his own clone.

My face was in shock. His gift is one of the best gifts I've ever seen.

" your gift is that you can multiply your self. That's one of the best gifts I've ever seen!" i said

"Thanks." Spencer said

We all went inside the main house to greet my parents.

" Hey honey! How was your day?" my father greeted me while kissing my cheek.

"My day was good. Just lonely once Jake left."

Then my mother walked through the door.

"Hey Renesmee, why are you home early?" she asked as she held me in a tight hug.

" I came home early because I am just so excited for Layla to come. Is she almost here?"

Yes. She will be here in a few hours." Aunt Alice chimed in. " Great, that gives me enough time to make sure my room in perfect for when she gets here." I said as I ran upstairs to my room.

I already set up her bed and gave her a place to put her clothes. I also got some books for us to read and I asked uncle Emmett to get us a mini fridge so we don't have to leave my room for food and drinks.

" Renesmee, can I come in?" my mother asked as she opened my door a crack.

" Sure mom. Come on in."

" Sweetheart, we need to talk." My mother says with a sad look on her face.

" Whats wrong mama?" i said holding her hand.

" Well Renesmee, it turns out Layla cant come right now. She has to take care of some personal business back in her home town. I'm so sorry honey. I know how much you were looking forward to seeing her."

My eyes began to tear up. I really wanted to spend time with someone just like me. A hybrid.

" Renesmee, she will come sometime next month. Layla wanted your father and I to give you her apologies. At least you get to see grandpa Charlie on Sunday."

True. I really want to see grandpa Charlie and Sue.

" Its okay Mama. I am sad but I get to see grandpa Charlie and sue. Also Carter wanted to go on our second date tomorrow instead of next week." I said wiping my tears.

" Well thats good. You can see Carter now. Why don't you give him a call to tell him that you will be able to go on the date. Well I have to go out for a little bit. I'll be back later. Goodbye Honey." My mother said as she kissed my head.