ch. 8

They decided to keep Landon overnight to make sure he was okay with the medication he was given. Connie had went home to get a change of clothes for the boys. As for me, I didn't know what to do. I wasn't sure if I was welcomed to stay or if I should go home and see them tomorrow after school... Or would Landon be home by then?

"Someone is deep in thought." Scott said as he set up the chair to turn into a bed for the night. "I guess you could say that." How would I bring this up to Scott? "Were you planning on leaving?" He asked. Well then. Guess I don't need to bring it up.

"I was, uhm, I didn't know if you wanted me to stay or not..." I admit to the tile flooring.

When the heck did I become so shy and unsure?!

"You can stay. I'll be bored." "Oh, so you want me for your own selfish purposes!" I joked, not realizing that it could be taken as an innuendo until after it was already out of my mouth. "I mean if you're into that kinda thing." Scott said as he wiggled his barely visible brows. "But for real though, you should stay. I can tell my mom to bring some of my extra clothes!" Scott pulled out his phone and started typing away.

It was determined I was staying... but where was this queen sleeping?

"Uh Scott?" "Yeah?" He answered, "Where will I sleep?" I simply ask and he just looks dumbfounded. "Crap! I didn't think of all of that!" His eyes scanned around the room, trying to find some sort of item that could be used as a temporary bed. "Hey, it's fine Scott. I'll just see you tomorrow." I say and head for the door. "No! We-We can squeeze." He said as he held my wrist.

"I doubt that." I say, being a pessimistic whore.

"Please. I.. I just want to get used to this.." He said softly. "What?" Used to what? "Like us being together." He said as he fiddled with his thumbs. Speaking of his cuticles were horrible but that's off topic. "Scott, you're already used to me. In an even deeper way as well..." I told him, hinting at what we did.

"Still, there's more to you and there's more to me." "You have another child!?" I threw out, joking with him.

"No Mitchy. Only Landon. Maybe one day though." He admit.

I sighed, something tells me I'm not leaving this hospital room.

***

We squeezed in the skinny ass chair together.

I woke on top of Scott and with an arm draped over my back. He made himself comfortable.. I groaned as I got up, removing his arm. My back was killing me.

I stretched and looked around the room. There were two piles of clothes on the window sill. I assume those were for Scott and I to get dressed. Yawning, I glanced over at Landon, who was still fast asleep holding tight to his teddy. Then there was Scotty, cuddling with the small hospital pillow.

"Scott." I whispered so I wouldn't wake Landon. "Scott!" This time I shook him a bit.

"Mm.. Go away." He mumbled.

Rude.

"Get up or I'll get a bedpan from one of the old people here and dump whatever contents are in it on you." I say as I place a hand on my hip. He peeped one eye open, "You said you'd stop being mean."

"Starting at school."

Scott rushed up, then grabbed his head, "You big oaf, you sat up too fast." I joked and walked to the bathroom to wash up for school.

***

"Scott these clothes are humongous on me!"

"Not my fault your so small. Blame genetics." He said, amused at my annoyance. People were going to think I was some sort of joke! "And be lucky! That's my favorite shirt you're wearing."

I sighed. We were sitting in my car staring at the school building. I didn't want to go in...

"Hey, one of the reasons why I like you is because you ooze confidence. Whenever I saw you, you were always so sure of yourself. Even being an asshole to me, I saw something in you. You are a fearless leader Mitch Grassi."

"Thank you Scott Hoying." I pecked him on the cheek only to see Travis and some of his friends walk by.

Oh no.

I watched as Travis pointed in this direction and his friends laughed. "Scott... We should go." I say and hop out of the car, Scott quickly followed. I kept a steady pace as I entered the school building ahead of Travis. "You gonna tell me what's happening?" Scott questioned once we were at his locker. "I-I just didn't want him messing with you.. us... me." I huffed, "He's so judgmental." "If he was your friend, he'd understand and be happy for you." Scott reassured me, "But until you two talk, I'll be on my way." He said then walked away to homeroom.

I was left with curious students staring at me and whispering...

I sighed and headed to my own locker.

Before I could even unlock the lock, Kirstie and Travis were on each side of me.

"Nice to see you Mitch." Travis said smugly. "Travis." I say and stuff my bag and items from yesterday into my locker. "Why do you have stuff from our odd day classes?" Kirstie asked. "I was busy. I stayed the night with a friend.." I said. I wasn't lying..

"Friend? Stayed the night? Really Mitch, I thought we were best friends." Kirstie said.

I grabbed my phone from my bag and a few notebooks so I could at least take notes for today since I didn't have my things, when my phone lit up.

"Why is there a baby as your lock screen?" Travis asked.

"I-I found it on Google a few months back..." I spit out, lying through my teeth.

"You expect us to believe that? After you just lied to us about staying with Hoying! You're wearing his damn clothes Mitch! You thought we wouldn't notice?! What is with you? Are you screwing him?" Travis started shouting, drawing unwanted attention to the three of us.

"I-I gotta go." I say, suddenly hyper aware of everyone's staring. I pushed through the body of my peers and to the one person who understood this feeling.