ch. 10

Wow, last chapter! Yay!

Ever since that day we have been inseparable. Not just Mitch and I, but Kirstin, Avi, and Kevin as well. We spent as much time together as possible since it was our senior year and who knows what the future held for us.

I finally everyone around Landon and they were enamored by him. My giggly baby boy.

It wasn't soon after that the entire school found out about him and they were okay with that, except one person. Travis. He slipped into the background once the drama died down. He wasn't a true friend so no one really talks about him. He did more harm than good. He would always try to cause unnecessary stress for Mitch, making him feel guilty for nothing.

Oh! Speaking of Mitchy, we are going strong.

"Hey loser." I heard behind me.

"Loser? Is that my new pet name?" I say turning around to my boyfriend. "Yep. It's nostalgic, wouldn't ya say?" He joked. 

"What am I gonna do with you Mitchy?" I asked. "You're gonna kiss me 'cause I'm adorable as hell." He said as he puckered his lips. Can't lie there...

"But they're watching like vouyers." I say and nod in the direction of our family and friends. "Eh, let em enjoy the show, Daddy." Mitch smirked. I rolled my eyes and kissed him anyway.

The cheering made us pull away.

We turned and looked in their direction only for them to quiet down. "Fuck it, AHHHH!" Kirstie screamed as she ran to us and embraced us in a hug. "You two are so cute. I'm so glad this worked out. I can't wait for you guys to get married and start your fam- WAIT! I forgot, Landon an have a sibling! Oh. M. Gee!" Kirstie exclaimed.

"Uh, Kevin... Can you pet your girlfriend off of us please?" Mitch said. She was squeezing the bejesus out of us.

"Kirst. Calm yourself." Kevin laughed,"We don't even know their plans for the future."

"Well I hope I'm still in it. I want to be with you for the rest of my life, Scott Hoying." Mitch said looking me in the eyes. He was worried, I could tell. Let's face it, this was high school and relationships come and go but with Mitch I was on the same page as him. I wanted forever.

"Okay boys, we'll give you time to talk." My mom said as she ushered Kevin and Kirstie away. 

Mitch sighed and sat on the bench, taking in his surroundings. "Just a few months ago, I was making fun of you. Bullying you... And yet, here we are. Almost high school graduates and dating." He looked up at me, "Did you ever think we'd make is this far?" He asked. "I never thought you'd be interested in someone like me but you continue to prove me wrong. I hope that I'm worth your time in the long run... Even after we graduate." I admit.

"Scotty. I-I've grown attached to you. I'm practically Landon's other daddy." He laughed. "I am not letting you two go."

"Good."

***

Graduation rolled around, so did Landon's birthday. Mitch and I threw a party at the park and invited our friends and family once more. We were all going our separate ways once school started up and we wanted a good memory.

So that left me pacing around by lake, nervous over my decision.

****

Scott: mom. idk if I can do this.
Scott: what if he says no!! Omg mom. PLEASE GELP

Mom:  first of all, gelp is not a word! Secondly, I have faith in you  two. He will say yes. It's a promise ring correct? Or is it something more that you just haven't told me yet.

Scott: 👀👀 I may have lied a wee bit... BUT ONLY BECAUSE I KNEW YOUD SAY WE ARE YOUNG BUT I WANTED TOBWAIT UNTIL WE WER OLDER TO ACTUALLY GET MARRIED!!!
Scott: mom??

Mom: I do feel as if you need to wait, but you are in control of your future. I am here to encourage you and help you succeed. And that I did... if you want to propose, go ahead. If you want to propose and wait a few years, by all means go for it. Just please make sure it's what you want.

Scott: it is... oh gosh my palms are sweaty. Mitchy will laugh at me.

****

I made my way back to the others. Kevin and Kirstie holding hands watching me with eager eyes. Avi was with my dad observing every move I made but not making it too obvious. And Mitchy... He and Landon were playing in the sandbox. It was a sight to see.

"Uh, Mitch.."

He turned around and smiled brightly. "Look baby boy, it's your daddy!!!" Mitch said hoisting Landon on his hip. "You okay? You're all red and fidgety."

So he could tell in sweating bullets here.

I sighed. If he says no, at least I tried.

I got down on one knee and pulled out the ring that Avi, Kevin, and Kirstie help pick out. Mitch's eyes widened as he glanced around at all the proud parents and friends.

"How about we make you Landon's official daddy?" I grin. "Scott i-is this forreal? W-We we're so young..."

"Which is why I'm willing to wait."

"I.." He looked at Landon then back at me. Oh no. "Yes."

What.

"I said yes you big oaf!!"

And with that I encased my new family in my arms.

The future was looking mighty promising.

---------------------------------

So yeah, sorry if this chapter wasn't that good. I just wanted to finally end this book. It was supposed to be over forever ago, yet here we are! 😂😂