Bubbles and her Princess

As soon as she arrived in the session hall Leila dropped her bag on her seat upon seeing Loren glued to herphone watching what appears to be a cartoon. "Uy, Blossom, ano yan? Akala ko di ka nanonood ng cartoons."

Loren remained glued to the phone screen, and to Leila's surprise, so does Loren. "Ay, Powerpuff Girls ito, Buttercup.  Nacurious kasi ako dun sa mga codenames eh pero ayun, pinanood ko na lahat."

Leila then huddled behind her and watched along. Like Loren before her, she found herself drawn to this story of three girls fighting crime and seeking justice before bedtime. 

She then started to narrate a story using the codenames she used for herself and Loren. "Ay, Blossom, dali, may kwento pala ako: Once upon a time, may isang babae. Itago natin sa pangalang Bubbles." 

Loren yawned and continued watching. "Busy ako."

"...Love story ito."

With that tidbit out in the air, Loren perked up and faced Leila. "I'm listening."

She then continued a story of Bubbles being a woman who's not found love for so long after losing her husband. For years she went on about her life. Fell down sometimes, then dusted herself off and got back up.

"Then she meets another woman. Tawagin natin siyang Princess. Si Princess, ganun din. Namatayan ng asawa, tried her best to juggle her life. Naturally, common bond un for Bubbles and Princess."

Loren interrupted her track of words. "So naging magkaibigan itong dalawang ito. Okay tapos na ung story. Can I go back to watching Powerpuff Girls now?"

Leila sighed upon being interrupted. "Di pa tapos ang kwento. Tapos, si Bubbles, nagkadevelop ng crush kay Princess. Ayos, di ba? But there's a little bit of a problem: 1. Kakamatay pa lang ng Prince ni Princess. and 2. Torpe si Bubbles. Napakamahiyain especially kung pag-ibig na ang pag-uusapan."

"So what did she do?"

"For three years, naghintay siya. She wrote poems and posted pictures of her in a secret stash where no one but herself could see. Nagpatuloy din siya sa buhay niya ng paglilingkod sa bayan niya."

She then moved forward the timeline to 2015 - the year Bubbles and Princess crossed paths again. But since Bubbles didn't want Princess to find out who she was, she left Princess random tokens for her to enjoy and show her appreciation. "Ibang level itong si Bubbles."

By this point of the story, all the senators huddled around Leila and Loren to listen to the story and held on to every word and every plot twist.  In fact, Grace and Sonny huddled at each other as tears fell from their eyes.

"And they lived happily ever after. The end" Leila concluded.

The senators looked at each other all stunned at the story they just heard. Hushed whispers surrounded the session hall until Loren interrupted them. "Ang cute naman ng story mo...is this--"

Loren and Leila stared at each other until it dawned upon her who Leila's alluding to. "Teka, teka, okay, kilala ko, kilala ko."

Meanwhile, the other senators looked around scratching their heads while trying to find out who's who until Nancy asked Leila. "Sino sila?"

Leila smirked as she gazed at Risa, who slipped through the crowd in the middle of the story. "Tanungin niyo na lang si Bubbles kung sino Princess niya."

The senators' gazes trailed at Risa's direction. At this point, she had already disclosed her sapphic-loving tendencies to her colleagues, but no one except for a few knew all the details.

Risa weakly laughed as her face turned bright red. "Um, hehehe...ex-congressman siya."

She breathed a sigh of relief when everyone appeared to be satisfied with her answer and slowly returned to their individual seats. Just as soon as they all did, she buried her face in her hands and shook her head. 

I can't keep up with this forever. Ayoko nang mag-tago pero natatakot ako para sa kanya.