A Weekend in Tagaytay

As much as Risa hated to admit it, the weekend out in the Villar rest house proved to be a nice distraction from everything going on. Between unpacking, meals, and walking around the area and observing the lush trees and fresh flowers surrounding the house to at least try clearing her head, she hadn't had any time to think about anything else.

Sure enough, time has passed and it's already merienda time. The four of them: herself, Grace, Loren and Leila, settled themselves around the coffee table with a pile of ensaymada and a pitcher of freshly made hot chocolate.

"Mmm, sarap naman." Risa said with a mouth full of ensaymada.

Loren sipped the rare cup of hot chocolate she had. "Even this hot chocolate is good. Just the right amount of sweetness."

While they all gathered round and shared stories about social democracy, the environment, and even action stars, the doorbell chimed. Leila got up to open the door. "Oi, dumating din ung isang kasama natin."

Leila walked out of the area for a moment, then came back with Leni in tow. "Ladies, kumpleto na tayo."

"Hi, sorry medyo traffic sa SLEX kanina eh." Leni said, waving at the other senators until she found Risa staring right back at her.

She certainly did not know Leni was coming to the party too. "Uhh...hi...Leni?"

"Hello, Risa."

While the two of them awkwardly eyed each other after not seeing from eye to eye after so long, Grace got up with a pack of cigarettes in tow "Uhh, sige upo ka muna dito, partner. Yosi break muna ako."

As Grace scurried off to the terrace, Risa and Leni scouted the place only to find that Leila and Loren slipped off the room as well and they were the only ones left. They sat down in silence for a few good minutes after as they tried to get a feel of things. Risa broke the silence without looking at Leni in the eye. "So, Leni...musta na?"

"Okay naman. Ikaw?" Leni said, also not looking at her.

"Ayos lang din trabaho. Busy."

Leni could sense from the lack of sparkle on Risa's eyes and the stiffness in her body language that Risa wasn't really telling the truth, and it's her fault that she's hurting the way she is. She knew based on what Leila and Grace told her, but seeing it up close made her heart hurt.

She gazed at her for the first time in a long time. "Risa, kailangan kong mag-sorry sa iyo. Sorry na iniwan kita nang ganyan. Na natakot ako at hindi ko pinaglaban ung pagsasamahan natin. I didn't mean to hurt you and I hope you can forgive me."

"Sige. Promise mo lang sa akin na next time ipaglalaban mo rin pagsasama natin?"

Leni nodded. "Promise, Mahal. Ipaglalaban ko."

They looked down on to the coffee table and held each other's hand. Leni looked into Risa's eyes and saw the sparkle on them return. Things started to feel right again between them again.

Leni brushed the stray hair off Risa's face. "Sasa, my love. Thank you for giving me one of the many things to live for. Kung alam mo lang kung gaano karami ang nadagdag sa akin nung dumating ka."

Risa started tearing up at Leni's words, but eventually, a small smile appeared on her face. "No, Pangga. Thank you for making three years of waiting worth it."

Leni sighed in relief when she started calling her that again, just like the old happier days. "So I can call you Sasa again, Sasa?"

"Of course. Alam mo naman ako, di makakatiis sa iyo."

Risa then took one ensaymada and a cup of hot chocolate. "O, eto. Baka nagugutom ka na."

She pinched a piece of bread off the roll and dusted some Chocnut she brought with her on top. "Sige, nganga ka lang. Subuan kita."

Leni complied and let Risa feed her some of the pastry. A little bit of Chocnut and Cheese fell into her mouth, so Risa took a table napkin and wiped it off of her before giving her a soft kiss.

As all that was going on, Grace, Loren and Leila watched from the terrace entrance. Tears fell down Loren's face while watching the whole thing while Grace dragged another puff of her cigarette.

"Wala pa ngang isang oras, ang lalandi na." Grace commented.

Leila simply watched them like a hawk. "Give it a few more minutes tapos kailangan na nating isara ung shutters."

True enough, Leni leaned towards Risa and gave her a hungry kiss. Soon, Risa laid down on the sofa as Leni peppered kisses all over her lips and neck. "I missed you so much, Sasa."

Risa broke out into the biggest smile she had in weeks. "I missed you too, Pangga."

They then continued making out on the couch and let their hands re-explore places they haven't gone in for so long - a signal to the three terrace observers to close the shutters. Grace then face the other two senators with her. "Sino ung nasa katabing room ni Risa mamaya?"

Loren raised her hand. "Ako, bakit?"

"Matulog ka na at mapipilitan ka lang gumising nang madaling araw mamaya."