The Family You Lost

Why are we even doing this... whatever it is? We haven't even decided what to do about Pietro yet.

I sighed. Rosalie and Uriel made no sense to me a lot of the time. As different aspects of my personality, they each had different ideas of what we should be doing at any given time. As such, there was a lot of arguing going on. 

You remember what Thitis said when she took Pietro out of our head, Rose, I thought. We all have to be of one mind about something before we can fix him. 

Uriel agrees with me.

I rolled my eyes. Uriel is pretending to agree with you because you scare her.

Rosalie couldn't deny that, and I didn't expect her to try. I glanced out the window for the eighth time in five minutes, wishing that the sun would come up already and get rid of these strange stars that were so different from the ones back home. It seemed to be four or five in the morning, if the people leaving their homes were any indication, but I'd been asleep for hours yesterday and hadn't slept much tonight. Felix slept silently beside me. When I woke up nearly nine hours ago, he was searching for a shirt to sleep in.

I yawned. "Isn't it improper or something for you to be walking around half naked with me in the room?"

"Not even close." He didn't even look up. "You're my sister, remember? And you're hardly the poster girl for propriety, walking around in pants."

"I never pretended to be. Did I miss anything important?"

He found something in the corner and sniffed it before throwing it at me. "Clean enough, right?"

I sniffed it and didn't wince; it didn't smell great, but we'd both smelled far worse back home. I threw it back to him. "Practically fresh."

He tugged it over his head. "I signed us up for a rebellion while you were out."

"Sounds like fun, but don't you think we've got enough to handle right now?" I certainly wasn't opposed to a rebellion, but it sounded like too much responsibility for Lost Ones.

"Not if it's a rebellion against Arthur." He slid under the blanket with me, just as he had every night since I'd come to Camelot. "That was what you wanted, right?"

Well, that changed things. I'd told him so and he'd fallen asleep shortly afterward, exhausted by the day's events. I didn't blame him in the slightest; a lot had happened yesterday. I dozed for a while, but I had gotten over seven hours of sleep already and didn't need much more. I'd spent the night listening to his quiet breathing and thinking through the events of the day. Suddenly knowing everything about Felix and discovering that we were blood siblings were huge surprises, but what I couldn't stop thinking about were Rosalie and Uriel.

Thitis, the witch that had healed me, had projected her own consciousness into ours to try and sort out what the issue was. Though she couldn't identify the psychological issues (I hadn't expected her to be able to; amnesia was tricky enough for trained psychologists to understand), she had immediately identified the fragments of personality that Uriel and Rose personified. Anyone who had ever spent an hour with me knew that the two things I rejected the most were commitment and fear. Of course, some of it stayed with me as Lily, but the majority of those pieces of my mind had manifested (with a little help from magic and a double dose of amnesia) as their own personalities: Uri as fear and Rose as commitment. Then Thitis had done the spell to get Pietro out of my head.

I took out Pietro's crystal just as the first rays of sunlight peeked over the horizon. It was green, about the size of an egg, though not at all in that shape. It was shaped more like a knot, like one of those Celtic symbols Rosalie saw all the time in the library back in Storybrooke. Despite the cool air, it was warm to the touch and seemed to pulse regularly, like a heartbeat.