9..."Why Am I So Stupid?"

---One Week Later---

~Christian's POV~

I walk downstairs all ready for the dance and I'm nervous as hell.

"Oh, look at you! Don't you look snazzy?" Mom asks rhetorically.

I chuckle and Dad comes into the hall.

"Wow. You look nice, son!" He smiles.

"Thanks, Dad." I smile.

"You're welcome."

"Oh, my boy's all grown up!" Mom coos, pinching my cheeks.

"I'm 14, mom. I still have quite a few years before I'm an adult." I chuckle, rubbing my cheeks.

"I know, but it seems like just yesterday you were this adorable little baby boy in my arms and now you're this adorable little man." She says, hugging me tight.

"Well, we should go drop you off at Ashley's now. Ready?" Dad says, looking at his watch then me.

"Mhm.." I nod, smiling through pursed lips.

We go out to the limo to leave and before I know it, we're parked in front of Ashley's house.

I take a deep breath as I look out the limo window, at her house.

"Nervous?" Dad asks.

"Yeah." I nod.

"Don't worry. She likes you.." He chuckles.

"I know. Thanks for the lift. See you guys later." I say, getting out of the limo and shutting the door.

"Bye!" Mom yells out the window.

I wave to her and then walk to Ashley's front door. I take a deep breath as I knock on her door, waiting for someone to come.

The door opens and a big, muscular man is standing there, staring down at me.

"Hi.. Um, I'm Christian.." I mumble and he smiles.

"Oh, hi! I'm Ashley's father, Steve. You're the one Ashley's always talking about! Come on in. Ashley's just getting ready. You look nice, young man." He says, moving from the door so I can come in.

"Thank you, sir. This is a nice house." I say, looking around as I walk inside.

"Hello, you must be Christian. I'm Ashley's mom, Sarah. It's so nice to finally meet you." A woman says, shaking my hand.

"It's nice to meet you too, ma'am." I smile politely.

I hear a stair creek and I look over to see Ashley in a baby blue, sparkly dress that stops right in the middle of her thighs (which compliments her soft white skin tone), and she has her long blonde hair down and curled with some of it tied back at the top. And, she's wearing just a touch of light blue eyeshadow that accents her bright blue eyes. I can feel my jaw dropping as I stare at her beauty and she smiles sweetly at me.

"Hi, Christian." She says softly as she stands in front of me.

I open my mouth to speak but nothing seems to come out as I am speechless.

"Wow, Ash! You look so gorgeous that you got the boy speechless!" Her father laughs, causing me to blush.

"You look nice, Christian.." Ashley smiles.

"Thanks.. Um, you look beautiful." I stutter shyly.

"Thank you." She chuckles.

"Well, let's go, shall we?" Her mom says, opening up the door.