Ballet | Jimin [1]

I was on my way to fetch my little sister from ballet class after my training session in Big Hit has ended. We are currently preparing for our debut, so nobody knows us yet. Its still safe for me to walk freely around town. I entered the ballet academy and politely greeted the receptionist before heading for the junior's room. A soothing and classical music reached my ears, much different compared to the pop music I've been listening to for the past few weeks. When I looked inside, I see my sister, but I also saw an older girl dancing next to her. She looks about the same age as me. Her outfit is white, which means she is the teacher in this academy. Her hair is a beautiful chocolate brown tied into a flower bun. Her movements were flexible and just beyond beautiful, simply mesmerising. She looked like an angel, glowing in her white tutu.

She made my heart flutter.

My sister turned around and immediately ran into my open arms with that huge grin of hers. Her mentor gaze followed the little girl's body and to me; our eyes met for a brief moment before I broke it to greet my little sister.

"How is my favourite princess doing?" I cheekily asked after breaking our hug.

"I've been a very good girl and my teacher gave me extra lessons while I waited for you!" She grinned, making her cheeks contract and deepening the red shade of her pink cheeks.

I ruffled her black hair and messed up her bun, but she did not seem to care as I do it very frequently. "Oh? How lucky of you!"

Out of the corner of my eyes, a pair of slim feet stopped on the edge of my vision. I moved my gaze to the ballet coach. "Thank you for accompanying her while I was late."

"It's no problem, she is a very charming girl." She smiled with her eyes.

"Oppa, we should treat her to something!" Minjoo said while tugging the hem of my shirt. I can't deny this request when it's asked right in front of the person, but I didn't have the intention to say no.

Before I could invite her, she interrupted with both of her hands held in front of her. "No no, that's alright, both of you should enjoy your time together."

"Pleaseeeeeeeeeeee! I really want to thank you for being so kind to me!"

"It's fine with us, my sister would love it if you could join us for lunch."

She attempted to protest further, but she knew there was no way to get out of this without disappointing the little child. She nodded, "Alright, but let me treat you for some ice cream." She patted Minjoo's head, "I know you love ice cream."

Minjoo gasped and clapped her hands in excitement. "Yes!"

::

Both of the ballerinas have changed out of their tutus, but the elegance of the instructor was still dancing in her steps. Along the way to McRonalds, a suggestion from the youngest, we had a conversation but most of them were filled with Minjoo's story about her school and what happens at home. We did introduce ourselves, but it was a little awkward to talk more than that. The situation became better when either of us commented on Minjoo's storytelling and it kept the conversation between both of us going. Of course, Minjoo was quick to change the topic and kept talking about her life story as though she had lived a hundred years.

Upon our arrival, Minjoo excused herself to the washroom. Both of us waited in line for our turn.

"She's a very lovely girl, your family raised her well." She spoke as her eyes trailed after Minjoo with much affection.

I chuckled, "Yes, but she can get annoying sometimes. I think we may have spoiled her a bit."

Her dazzling eyes turned to me and a smile grazed her lips. "Aren't all children? What do you do for a living?"