CHAP 9

Okay, so if I tell that I am happy that now Riya is not making faces at me and is now enjoying her journey is true. But the thing is that it's really annoying me now. I mean both Riya and Sid are, what you can say, ummm, 'lovey-dovey' and it's freaking me out. And all this is because I know that I will never be able to experience such a thing. I sure love Riya and I know that she is just happy that she is with Sid and is not behaving in such a way to tease me, but I can't just get rid of the feeling and it's keeps nagging me.

When I was busy with my thinking I felt someone poking me. So I turned and found Aarav looking at me with a confused face.

He asked, "What's up with you ? You are looking kinda lost."

Okay so now I am really worried because I can't just tell him that it's because of something about me that connects with the 'being social' thing.

"Oh it's nothing just thinking about something. But what's with you ?" I replied instead.

"Ummm well there's something. I will tell you later." was all he said and then we were again went silent. Well actually, there was Sid's and Riya's continuous chitchats .

Later after sometime, they must have noticed that Aarav and I were silent. I mean I am guessing this because they were trying to talk with us. So we started playing Antakshari (it's an Indian game where you sing songs from the end of the letter of the song sung by the previous person).

Well after about an half hour we reached our first destination. It was really a beautiful place. We thought that we should first start with a visit to the beautiful and famous garden. When we reached there we changed our plans and decided that today we would only be here for as much time we want and visit the other places later. There was also a shop some distance away for here. So we decided to go there and do some shopping later. Well it was not decided by us but insisted by Riya. But then we all obliged. So we went there and took a beautiful place and were enjoying the view it was providing us. Again we decided to play some games. The first game decided was Truth and Dare.

We took a bottle of cold drink we finished during our way here and started our game. The first one to face the question was Aarav and he decided Truth. The question asked by Sid was 'In our group, is there anyone you like, more than a friend ?'

The answer Aarav gave was surprisingly 'Yes'. And I have no idea why but there were tingling sensation all over my body. I mean I know that he didn't me, but then he can't say Riya, she was already with Sid. But again that's why there's a thing called 'Love Triangle' .

So then I just let it go. And we continued our play. Actually Sid enjoyed it more, because once he took Dare and well all know when there's your girlfriend playing Truth and Dare with you, and you take Dare then you get a chance to kiss her, and well that's exactly what happened. And I know it's wrong for me to get jealous of Riya, but yes, I was getting jealous of Riya and feeling bad about it. But how can I not, I mean two most handsome boys are after her and here I am alone as always. Actually one for sure and the other is just a guess.

So as decided after playing much more games we had our lunch in the restaurant nearby and then went on to that shop we spotted for shopping. When we got there Sid and Riya made their way alone and I was left with Aarav.

So we started shopping. I bought a beautiful necklace for my mom, headphones for my brother and a extremely beautiful photo frame for my father. I mean I am 'Daddy's Girl' and so I decided that I would insert mine and Dad's best photo in it and give it to him. I know he would be really happy. Thinking about Dad made me miss him so so much. I just wanted to video chat with my family but they have told me strictly that I don't need to worry about them and that I can enjoy my trip freely.

I was brought back to the present when I felt someone pulling me. Well that someone turned out to be Aarav.

He led to the part where there were many gift items. I asked him why are we here. He said, "You remember Sid asked me whether there is anyone I like more than a friend and I said Yes, well that someone is Riya, and I want your help to select a perfect gift for her. I mean you are a girl, so tell me anything you like and I will take it. It is but obvious that your choice would be better than mine."

When he said that I felt as if someone has slapped me across the face. So I asked him, "Well, you do know right, that she is with Sid, then how can you also propose her. That's inappropriate. She would never say yes to you."

"I know she will and you will find out by the end of the day. Just wait." was all he said and then again asked me to pick a gift.

I let it go and then started taking a look at all the gifts. Well all were really pretty but one of them caught my eye. It was a beautiful leather bracelet. I told him that it's a really nice gift and he asked the owner to pack it. He then leaned forward and gave me a kiss on cheek and said thank you and that I would be surprised tonight by the answer. I just nodded my head.

After spending about half hour in the shop we made our way out. Then in the car and we were making our way to the garden, which is more or less our hanging spot.

It was almost 5 when we reached there. And the next things that occurred were really a shock to me that I would never ever forget in my entire life.