04. w o u n d

Dedicated to @Hieroglyphic_Ash for voting on the story

-

"Jesus stop it Marcus!" you snapped at the goofy, bespectacled boy who was sitting adjacent to you. His hazel eyes seemed to lose its brightness when he lowered his spork glumly. He ruffled his nut brown hair, cheeks tinted pink because you humiliated him in front of the circle of friends you were sitting with.

You huffed in annoyance as your friends lowly laughed at the blushing boy.

You send him a last look before focusing back on her. Her hands were on his shoulders as she leaned her face to him. You ignored the thick lump in your throat and the way your chest heaved when you couldn't breathe in. He smiled at her, murmuring soft words to her that only she could hear before their lips met. You snapped your head back and looked down. You scolded yourself for whimpering like a kicked puppy.

Your fingers fumbled with the table garment, as you shot a baleful glare at your food plate.

The lunch lady seemed to be very generous today. Instead of disgusting veggies and a usual carrot soup she had served a thick slice of pepperoni pizza and an extra cheese burger to each and every student.

You carefully looked at her, not wanting to catch them in another intimate position.

She had seated herself beside him as she gaily chatted with the popular ones. You warily eyed her figure.

Brittany had lean legs, a petite waist with small framed shoulders.

You looked at yourself and couldn't help but grimace.

Your waist was not narrow like her. You weren't fat but not skinny either. When her thighs seemed to look good at the baggiest of jeans,your thighs still managed to bulge out even if you wear the skinniest of all.

You put the slice down and sighed. Starving yourself wasn't going to vanish your imperfections and her perfections but you still did.

After all what wrong with trying?

"You should eat...you know?" You craned your neck to give a cool look at Marcus. He was awkwardly adjusting his glasses, when he spoke with fear. You stared back at the plate dismissing him.

"I don't want to become fat, okay? That's why," you snapped.

He ignored your rude tone as he sweetly smiled at you. "You shouldn't do that Annie, you shouldn't suffer yourself for becoming something you don't have to be".

You gave him an steady glare, clenching your teeth. "Shut up, okay I don't need your permission to do things that I want. I can do whatever the hell I want. Don't preach me!" you hissed out.

The lanky boy was taken back by your gritted teeth and scornful expression.

Your friend let out a snort. "You are not her mother, Marcus please stop telling her what to do and what not to," your stated.

Marcus gulped. "But I was only-" Your friend rose up one eyebrow at him making him stop in mid sentence- "oh leave it," he stammered out.

You ignored the commotion and the dull ache in your heart when you saw them kissing again. You harshly huffed out, pinching your lips.

You were tired so freaking tired.

Tired of watching him kiss her.

Tired of being made fun of your hopes of being with him by the other students.

You are the laughing stock of the class for thinking that  someone like you could compete with her.

 You continued watching her when she went out of the cafeteria. The strong wind seemed to blow away the hemline of her skirt revealing a patch of her flawless skin.

You narrowed your eyes when you saw the black bruise on it. Your mind was getting bombarded by questions when realization dawned you.

Kinky sex is a new trend right?

You were sure it was a evidence of the passionate nights she spent with your prince charming.

Little did you know how wrong you actually were.

They weren't the signs of their loving nights.

They were the scars, the wounds, your so called charming gave her when she didn't listened to him.