12. c a r e

Dedicated to PeculiarBindings

Don't forget to:

Vote

Comment

Follow :-)

_

"Bri, come to the table," her grandmother chirped, pulling out the muffins from the oven. A crease formed between her eyebrows when she got no response. Then she yelled. "Your muffins are ready."

She was playing in the garden, giggling happily while her hands flew from one flower to another in hopes of finding the right ones

She was playing in the garden, giggling happily while her hands flew from one flower to another in hopes of finding the right ones. Her golden hair was neatly pleated into a fish braid. Her hands were already holding a few flowers; roughly tied up to look like a makeshift bouquet.

She plucked a pink carnation and scooted to the door mat. Her grandmother already came out. Her eyes were concerned and her gloved hands were placed on her back. She was trying to make an intimidating stance but she only ended up laughing.

She knew her grandmother was anything but intimidating and stoic.

When she saw that she was again collecting flowers, she knelt down and ruffled her hair with a grin. "Don't you dare scare me like that, Bri. I thought you went somewhere."

Her tiny finger clasped her grandmother as she smiled. "No, granny. Where will I go without you? I will always stay here."

Her grandmother's face turned blank for a second before she covered it up with a tense smile. She was too small to notice it.

She handed out the bouquet to her granny. Her grandmother took it with a jaw breaking grin. Reflectiing her smile. "It's beautiful darling. You made this for me...?"

She nodded in reply. She cuddled closer, resting her head against the old lady 's shoulders. Both of them sighed in content.

Both of them were like broken pieces of a jigsaw that melted together to create meaning. To create comfort in which both of them would rest their hearts, and create a haze where no worries about the future would enter their minds. It seemed like a mirage filled with fairytale bliss where the ending at the other side would always end in rainbows and happiness.

If only any of this would have been true.

Her granny looked at the sky above. It had turned a beautiful shade of orange, speckled with pale yellow. The flowers in her garden that she had been tending from the past years, gently danced in the breeze.