Chapter 3: The Phantomhive Manor

You walk into the mansion, bewildered and bewitched by its elegance. The cat begins to run off into the enormous home, drawing your attention to how pristine your surroundings are. Every nook and cranny is perfectly polished. Every surface shines like a star filled sky. You have never seen such wealth in your life. You are then painfully aware of how very out of place you look. Your soaked clothing (if you could even call it that) clings to your body, making your weight very apparent. Peasants living in squalor, like you, do not possess fine things like corsets and bustles to create nonexistent curves. Your body is not unattractive, but it is not alluring in any sense of the word. You look down. Your stomach slightly pokes out, making your toes partially obstructed from your view. You did not have the luxury of shoes.

"Why so forlorn, my dear?" the butler whispers. He awakens you from yet another of your thoughtful daydreams. You had honestly forgotten he was there. "You seem like you are unimpressed." He frowned, looking personally offended by you not enjoying your surroundings.

You immediately suck in your stomach, stick out your chest, and shake your head adamantly. You are strangely self conscious around him. "It's absolutely lovely here, Sir. It sparkles with cleanliness. Not even a speck of dust! Might I ask who performed such wonders?"

A haughty look forms on the man's face. "Miss (YN), everything in this manor is cleaned and perfected by me." He begins to look around him, as if inspecting his work, and then returns his gaze to face you. "Everything you see is my work," he brags. You understand why he is proud, albeit a little too proud, of the manor's sparkle. If what this butler says is true, everything in sight has been cleaned by him and him alone. You stare at him in awe. But then....it occurs to you.

You don't know the man's bloody name!

"Sir, if you don't mind me asking, what is your name?" you tentatively inquire.

"My title is Sebastian Michaelis, dear (YN). Call me Sebastian, no need for formalities," he bows like a proper gentleman,"I do hope you remember it."

You smile at him, with a feeling of acceptance.

A feeling you haven't felt in a very long time.

Sebastian's P.O.V.

(YN) is smiling at me. Normally I do not look at a smile. Smiles are fake when it comes to humanity, for they serve only as a mask for their true emotions. They often only pretend to be happy to appease those around them. But hers. Her smile radiates. The moment she stepped through those doors I saw an unusual happiness in her eyes. They opened so quickly, soaking in her surroundings. Her eyes darted from corner to corner of the entryway, her mouth forming an enormous O. I heard a peculiar noise hitting the floor. As I looked down I noticed she had no shoes. It was almost scandalous.

My little robin stopped scampering and looked down. Her hair slowly fell framing her face. She was looking at her stomach with a face of sadness. I understand why. Her stomach is not erotically thin like most women, even though the rest of her frame appears to be malnourished. Not to mention that her breasts are not pushed up and her clothes do not give her voluptuous curves. Honestly, she resembles a potato. It is almost comical. Why was I lusting for her earlier today, then? Why was I thinking such tainted thoughts?!? I can see every one of her many imperfections. She isn't beautiful or alluring or attractive at all.

(YN)'s smile. I find it impossible to look away from her smile. Her red lips form into a small half moon when she does, which is something I would normally ignore, but in her case it's a true smile. I couldn't ever forget the way her smile looks. She bears no facade or hidden motive, just pure bliss.

And to think. It was at the sound of my name.

"SEBASTIAN!"

I had forgotten about him.

"WOULD YOU MIND TELLING ME WHAT THIS FELINE IS DOING SCAMPERING ABOUT IN MY MANOR?" Ciel is holding up my precious white cat by its neck. If he wasn't my master he would have been killed on the spot. No one should ever treat a cat in such a way!

"Young master Ciel, I would advise you to gently place the cat on the floor. As you can see, we have other matters to attend to," I gestured to (YN) ,"in regards to your education." He places my precious white cat on the floor, allowing the poor thing to run away from the bastard. Thank hell.

He looks to my right and sees (YN). He appears absolutely disgusted. She is now no longer smiling.

" Who is this peasant and why have you brought her near me?" he's holding his nose ,"She reeks of sewage and disease." He's lying. I wonder why. My dear (YN) has the sweet scent of lavender. "Not to mention her face and body are grotesque at best."

(YN)'s P.O.V.

This boy is the notorious Ciel Phantomhive?

What a prick.

"She is a woman of low social class, but an excellently brilliant English tutor. After she cleans up, she will be a stunning addition to the household." The butler looks at me and smirks.

Sebastian is such a kind man. He has been a gentleman, for the most part. And, yes, he has handsome features and unusually gorgeous red eyes, however that's not what I find attractive. Sure he is attractive, but what I like in him is the way he carries himself. The way he moves. He acts as if he is sure of everything he does and does not question himself. Yet here I stand, incapable of so many things. I am ugly, frail, and yet fat all at the same time. I do not have the right to fall for someone like him. He must marry someone beautiful who matches his elegance, charm, and grace. I certainly do not work for such a position.

There has only been one time he has lost his charm, and that was when we first met. I will admit, Sebastian made an awful first impression, but people change over time. He definitely did. Hopefully this child will change, too.

"Mey-rin!" The boy yells. Suddenly, I  hear loud footsteps running closer. A woman begins to clamber down the stairwell to meet Lord Ciel.

"Yes m'lord?"

"See to it that this pig turns into someone worthy of tutoring me in English." He makes a flamboyant turn out of the entrance room. Sebastian follows behind him, leaving me and the woman with the pretty hair alone in the room.

"Don't mind the masta, Miss (YN), he's in a bit of a tizzy, yes he is. I'll see to it that you'll be sparkling, yes I will!" I like her. She's not nearly as uptight as Ciel. Plus, her accent reminds me of my parents. They never did sound as proper as I do. Mey-rin grabs my arm and leads me deep into the mansion. She seems incredibly excited.

What wonders await me?