The Nightmare

Warning Spoilers

The Hunger Games

 After Peeta and Katniss started to live together,  Peeta wanted to plant flowers around the house.

 " Well, Peeta what do you want to plant?" Without answering Peeta ran out of the house and ran to the woods. Katniss worried and confused followed him. " Peeta? Peeta! This isn't funny! Where are you?" 

 " Katniss? Katniss!" Katniss heard Prim's voice.

 " Prim?" 

 " Katniss, help me! Katniss!" Now Rue's tiny voice came into Katniss's mind. Katniss then imagined herself in the Games again. This never happened. Katniss then saw a struggling Rue and a spear pierce through Rue's tiny body except when Rue would have fell into her arms, it was Prim. 

 " Katniss," Prim coughed.

 " Prim? No! This isn't right!" 

 " I'm in a better place now, Katniss."

 " She's right, Katniss," Katniss turned her head and saw Finnick eating a sugar cube. 

 " Finnick?" She muttered. " No! This isn't right! You are dead! You are all dead." She cried.

 "You will be soon, Mutt." Peeta snarled.

 "Peeta, no! This isn't you! It's the Capitol!" She screamed as Peeta put his hands around her throat. The scent of roses came to her as Peeta did this. Before, she couldn't breathe she yelled one last time.

 Then, Katniss woke up screaming with Peeta rubbing her back trying to get her to calm down.

 " No, Peeta! It's Snow! It's Snow!"

 " Katniss, wake up. It's a nightmare."

 " Peeta?" 

 "Yes?"

  " One question."

  " What is it?"

  " Was it real or not real, Peeta?"