Finnick and Mags

Hunger Games

   Finnick Odair, the youngest person to win the Games, but did you know about Finnick Odair, the boy who hid from the crowds and never spoke unless spoken to?
  When Finnick was 8 his Mom died and he lived with his dad who was a drunk. Now his dad just wasn't a drunk who almost never paid attention to Finnick. When Finnick wasn't working he learned to fight with a trident.   He would pretend that his Dad would watch him and tell him how good he was.
  One unfortunate day, Finnick had worked hard fishing and came to cook food for him and his Dad. His Dad was obviously drunk, but he wasn't like he usually was when he was drunk.
  " What are you doing?" Finnick's Dad exclaimed.
  " I'm making a sandwich for me and one sandwich for you, too."
  " You need to go to bed, Finnick," He growled.
  " Dad, can I eat my food first?"
  " Go to bed!" Finnick's dad yelled. He took off his belt and hit Finnick across the face and then again on the arm.
   " Dad!" Finnick cried.
   " I don't want you here go away!" He hit Finnick one last time before Finnick ran out of the house.
   Finnick ran out crying. He didn't stop running until he reached Victor's Village. He reached one of the houses and sat down one of the porches. He cried until the door opened.
   " What's wrong?" The old victor asked. Finnick looked at her with wet eyes. " Come in, sweetheart."
  Finnick and the old woman went in the house and she made him some tea. Finnick told her about his dad and his mom. He told her about his life. He trusted the old victor.
  " Poor Child. Here you can stay with me tonight. You can come anytime."
  From that day on Finnick would go to Mags's house and Mags would come watch him practice his trident. It crushed both of them when Finnick was chosen for the Games. It crushed Mags again when Finnick was reaped for the 75th Hunger Games. Finnick was crushed when Annie was reaped for the 75th Hunger Games. Then Mags volunteered. Finnick felt like his whole world was falling apart.
  When Annie and Finnick got married Finnick finally thought that his life was back together.