Plot Twist #1 The Hunger Games

Okay this first Plot Twist won't be very good. Just a warning. Okay, so this will take place during the Games. There is some spoilers, just letting you guys know. Really, if you have read my previous headcannons there is no need, but for the people that haven't read The Hunger Games I'll throw up the warning. ENJOY!!!!!

WARNING SPOILERS

What if Katniss didn't pull out the nightlock berries?

"Greetings to the final contestants of the Seventy-fourth Hunger Games. The earlier revisions have been revoked. Closer examination of the rule book has disclosed that only one winner may be allowed. Good luck, and may the odds be ever in your favor!"

Claudius Templesmith. I shouldn't blame him for this change, but I do. One of us have to kill the other.

"Kill me," Peeta says. I look at his eyes. The blue eyes glazed with certainty of death. He probably has been waiting for this since the start.

I grab an arrow from the quiver. Peeta swallows hard. I put the arrow on the arrow rest. I get in my stance ready to fire. I can almost heard the gasps from the Capitol audience. I know what I am doing. A single tear runs down Peeta's cheek. I know what he is thinking. I wish I had grabbed those berries from Foxface when we found her. I hope this works.

" Peeta, I know you love me, but this is something I have to do. Will you feed, Prim?"

He looks at me with confusion. That's the moment I turn and face the Golden CornucopiaI pull back aim at the shiny side and....
I know this isn't how The Hunger Games went, but this is my version of the end.
  Peeta's POV
   She pulls back and fires. The arrow ricochets off the golden Cornucopia, and the arrow hits her in the heart.
  " No! Katniss!" I yell.
  She falls down. I kneel down and pull the arrow out of her chest. She smiles at me. "Will you feed, Prim?"
  "Katniss, Prim and your mother will never go hungry. I will let them live with me in my house. "
  I can see the life draining out of her. She reaches out for my hand. Her gray eyes are diamonds. Sparkling.
"Peeta?" She whispers. It is probably hard to speak.
" Yes?" I let a tear run down my cheek. I touch the ends of her braid. It's soft, like bread.
"Don't ever be a piece in their games."
My eyes widen, remembering our rooftop discussion. I lean down and kiss her lips. I stay kissing her until I feel her lips go cold. The girl on fire is gone. Instead of weeping like the old Peeta would have I stand up and look around. Out in the distance I see some primrose. I run over there before the hovercraft comes. I pick a bouquet of primrose. I stick primrose in her messy, but beautiful braid. I picked enough to make a smaller bouquet. I place the flowers in her cold hands and cover up the wound. Before I go, raise and old tradition symbol, three fingers raised at the sky.