You Break Her Heart, And I'll Break Your Face.

"Dude

"Dude. What the hell are you doing over there?" Vance grills me as I make my way to him.

"I seen some dude hitting on V, you were too busy with Brittany to notice."

"Jerry? He's gay." Vance laughs.

"Yeah, well, I didn't know that! I never met the dude." He finds this hilarious.

"I seen him." He pauses and looks at me, "You sure that's all it was? You into my sister?" He asks, the laughter gone, his mouth in a tight line. It completely takes me off guard. I'm stunned, silent as he stares me down.

I scoff, and laugh nervously, "What? No!"

He bursts out laughing, "I'm fucking with you dude, you should've seen your face!" He smacks my shoulder and continues talking to me, "V told me your into someone." He nods his head to my right, I don't have time to process what Vance just said when I suddenly feel hands on my arm. I look at the delicate pink painted finger nails wrapping around my arm, and up into blue eyes, "Hey Chase."

Great.

"Hey Shannon."

"You never called." she pouts, and it makes her look stupid.

I cross my arms over my chest, which causes her to remove her hand from my arm, "I'm sorry, I've been busy." I know. I sound like a jerk, something V called us out on earlier. I guess I really am a jerk.

"You're not busy now." She points out, "But we can change that."

I keep myself from sighing out loud. It's crazy how your feelings about someone can change and grow so rapidly, that the thought of doing anything with this girl again disgusts me. This can't be normal. I need to somehow get this girl off my back, and not make it so obvious to Vance. He won't let this alone.

"I need a drink. You want a drink?" I ask her in my lame attempt to get away.

She smiles, "Sure."

I turn away from her quickly and walk towards the keg, which is pass the fire pit where V is sitting, or suppose to be sitting. I couldn't stop myself from looking around for her, where the hell did she go. I grab a cup and fill it, chug it, and fill it up again. Taylor comes up next to me, doesn't say anything, just fills up her cup. She looks at me, a sneaky smile on her face.

"What?" I ask her.

She shakes her head, "Nothing."

"Why you smiling at me like that?"

She takes a sip from her cup, then lowers it, "You break her heart, and I'll break your face."

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"V." She points at my chest, "I'm not blind, I see how you look at her."

Shit. Fuck. I remain quiet and look beyond her.

"You like her, it's painfully obvious. To me anyways, I'm just awesome like that. You need to stop fucking around with other girls." She nods her head to the area behind me, "V has the biggest heart of anyone I know.It's fragile, it needs to be treated with gentle hands. So like I said, you break it, I break your face."

I look at Taylor, "I know this, and that's the last thing I would ever want to do."

"I know, cause you would have a shit storm on your ass, not from just me but from her brothers."

"Plus, I like my face."

She laughs, "Yeah, it's not a bad face."

I glance at the empty log.

"She's down by the lake." she turns and walks away leaving me standing at the keg.

I didn't even think twice, I left the keg and headed towards the lake.

♦ ♢♦ ♢♦ ♢♦ ♢♦ ♢♦

It's short, but sweet. I hope you enjoy it regardless! Thank you for the comments and votes. Keep em' coming because they seriously make my day!

I am going away for the weekend, so this will be the last update til possibly next weekend. Unless I manage to get it finished today, I'll post it on Monday. I'm off for the next four glorious days!

xoxo