Chapter 4

Charlie's POV

I was walking down the hall with Danielle and we were talking about our plans for the weekend.

"So......what are you and Tyler doing this weekend?" She asked while wiggling her eyebrows.

"I don't know! I think we might be going to his parent's cottage this weekend." I said excitedly. His parents cottage was by a beautiful lake and surrounded by a huge forest with no neighbours so it was very quiet.

She squealed. "Sounds exciting." She sighed dreamily, "Why can't I get boyfriend like yours?"

I smiled. He was perfect in everyway. Sweet, kind, funny, smart, and very, very attractive.

We rounded the corner and I stopped dead. Danielle gasped. Tyler was making out with a tall blonde girl that I'd never seen before.  My eyes filled up with tears. He promised that he would never do this to me.

He pulled back and gazed lovingly at the girl. She smiled back and blushed.

"Call me sometime babe!" he told her as he handed her his number on a piece of paper.

She smiled and walked away. Tyler turned around and froze when he saw me and Danielle.

Danielle gently put her arm around me and guided me back the way we had come.

"Charlie, wait!" I heard Tyler call but Danielle and I just kept walking. She lead me to the bathroom. We walked in and she shut the door and locked it.

"Just let it Char." She told me and with that I burst into tears and cried my heart out. Danielle rubbed my back to try and sooth me but it takes a lot of work to mend a broken heart.

"Charlie open up." I could hear Tyler banging on the door.

"Go away, you jerk." Danielle spat. Danielle didn't like swearing so she used other words like jerk.

"Not until Charlie comes out." He replied.

"I don't want to see you ever again. We're done." I screamed.

"Babe, please-" He started.

"I said go away." I screamed as I hit the door to get my point across.

There was a long silence before he responded.

"Ok, I'll leave but we are not done until I say we're done Charlie." He threatened before I heard him walk away.

TWO WEEKS LATER (after Tyler has beat her up)

I woke up in the hospital. My parents were looking at me with worried looks on their faces.

"Honey, are you alright?!" My Dad asked.

"I think so. Umm.....where's Tyler?!" I asked nervously.

"Don't worry sweetie. The police took him to jail. He won't be bothering you for a long time." My mom told me.

I let out a sigh of relief. I was about to ask them how long it would be before I could leave the hospital when their faces started twisting out of proportion.

"Mom?! Dad?!" I cried out in fear.

"They're not here Charlie, but I am." His voice filled the room.

"Tyler?" I choked out.

Standing where my parents had been standing was Tyler.