Chapter 2

4 years later~

"Happy 23rd birthday El," Emma smiled placing red roses on her sister's grave then placing one red rose each on her parents graves. Sighing she stood up and left to work like each morning.Her sister's body had been transported to New York where she would be able to rest next to our parents grave from Michigan. 

"Hey Emma, Good morning." Dana, the manager, smiled and handed Emma her apron.

"Morning, Looks like today is a busy day." Emma nodded as she watched people coming one by one into the cafe. 

Tying back her chestnut hair into a pony tail Emma began taking orders. 

"Good morning Mrs. Jones, will you want the usual or something different? " Emma asked looking into the old lady's eyes.

"Sweet Emma I will be having the usual." Mrs. Jones smiled and looked at the seat in front of hers. "How about you Albert? The usual?"

"I am next to you Greta." Mr. Jones chuckled placing his wife's glasses on top her nose.

"Oh Albert silly me." Mrs. Jones laughed.

"I will be having the usual Emma and a sundae when I am done." Mr. Jones smiled handing Emma the menus back.

Emma placed the orders and a few minutes later they were done.

"Here you go Mr. and Mrs. Jones." Emma placed their food and was about to leave when the TV's voice caught her off guard.

"This morning a young woman was found in an alley butchered yet her stomach was pierced brutally. This has been the 10th victim falling prey to this serial killer. Police are asking woman to keep a vigilant look and not to roam at night for their own safety. The masked man has striked once again." A picture of the face of the victim came up on the screen and next to her a picture of the murder weapon.

Emma's blood ran cold when she saw the picture of the dagger in an evidence bag.

"He's here." Emma whispered as she stared at the TV.

At the end of her shift she numbly went home looking behind her back every two seconds. When she arrived at her apartment, she locked the door from bottom to top and sat on her couch holding a bat.

"Emma" a voice whispered in her ear.

Quickly sitting up from her sleeping position Emma looked out the window to see night had fallen.

"Emma." a voice whispered.

"Ella?" Emma's voice shook as she looked around for the source of her sister's voice. "Where are you El?!"

"Boo!" Ella screamed as she formed in front of Emma's eyes.

"AHH!!" Emma screamed as she hid behind the couch. "I am going crazy."

"It's me Em's only in ghost form." Ella squealed poking her head through the couch.

"You need to stop doing that Ella." Emma smiled yet her heart cried with joy to see her sister.

"I have been watching over you all this time Em's. From making sure you eat right and not fall into depression. For example the night you came back from work you would always buy beer to drink, yet they kept on disappearing. Yup that was lil old me." Ella smiled, " A light kept on pestering me to follow it but me and the big G had an agreement. I had unfinished business to take care of, after all I had a promise to keep didn't I."

"He's back El." Emma whispered looking at Ella's eyes.

"I know Em's. I know." Ella nodded weakly, "Don't worry he will have to go through me  in order to get to you."

" I am not as weak as I was before El's."Emma smiled. "I have been taking MMA classes you know."

"Ugh hello i was the one who kept on giving you clues." Ella rolled her eyes laughing then her expression became serious. " I have been watching him."