Chapter 3

"WHAT!" Emma shrieked staring wide eyed.

"Earth to Emma. I am a ghost you know, plus I had to make sure what he was capable of." Ella shrugged standing up.

"You already know what he is capable of." Emma shuddered moving the kitchen to make a cup of tea to relax her nerves.

"I know Em, but we can stop him. Together." Ella smiled determine to help Emma.

"El listen to m-"Emma began her voice stern.

"I know who his next victim is."Ella murmured looking at Emma. "I have tried to stop him by myself but it is not easy. I don't want any more girls to end up like I did."

"Fine." Emma gave in sighing and taking a sip of her tea."So when to we begin."

"He watches her every move from her work to her house. I don't know her name. What I notice is that he kidnaps them every two months. She only has three more days before he captures her."Ella explained and continued as Emma gave her the go." We have to leave tonight and follow him.

"Sure let me just bring my camouflage clothes out. Are you crazy he will know we are tracking him."Emma hissed throwing her hand up.

"No he won't. I have been inspecting the whole area looking for shortcuts." Ella argued

Without a word Emma walked to her closet and fetched her coat. Stepping out into the cold caused Emma to shiver as she followed Ella. They walked streets she didn't know even existed and stopped abruptly when Ella raised her hand.

"What?" Emma whispered looking at Ella.

"She is not here. She always passes by exactly at 10:30. Where is she?" Ella asked puzzled and walked out into the street or more floated.

A scream rang into the dark night and Emma sprinted towards the sound. Emma froze as she hid behind a dumpster and watched. It was him, for the dagger he used glistened in the night.  Taking a deep breath Emma pulled her hoodie over her head and tightened the black mask which hid her face. Emma charged at him her footsteps light. She grabbed his shirt from behind and pushed him forward. He grunted as he quickly stood up and faced Emma.

"What do we have here?"He snickered his dark eyes never leaving Emma's eyes.

Emma didn't respond as she lunged at him. He dodged the attack and slammed his fist to her right cheek. Shaking her head from the sudden dizziness, Emma grabbed the girl's warm hand and pulled her next to the trash can. 

"Ah, a hero." He laughed as he kicked Emma's stomach.

"Get away from her!" Ella screamed as near  by lights shattered startling him for a second.

Emma used her last strength to push him off her with her feet. He stumbled backwards and ran to his van when he heard sirens. With a malevolent grin he looked at Emma and opened his van slightly for Emma to catch a glimpse of two other girls in his van unconscious.

" You can't save everyone." He laughed closing the van and getting in his van and driving away.

"GET BACK HERE YOU SICK BASTARD!!" Emma screamed running after the van.

"Emma the police are here. Take off your mask." Ella hissed as police cars surrounded them.

Quickly taking off her mask Emma began to "cry" as police came to her aid.

The police station was abuzz as they interrogated the girl who had almost been kidnapped.

"Can I leave now. I already told you everything I know." Emma groaned looking at the officer asking her questions.

"So you were just walking when you saw what was happening and began screaming so the neighbors heard yo u and he ran off." The officer repeated.

"Yes." Emma nodded and the officer then gave her the okay to leave.

Sighing Emma walked out into the cold once again cursing at her luck for not being more smart.

"Watch out Emma!" Ella screamed as a something hit her in the head and she went unconscious.

After what seemed like a few minutes, Emma's eyes fluttered open and her body went into panic mode as she looked for "him". She was tied in a chair with her hands bound and men in dark suits were stationed around her. Taking a huge breath Emma hopped up fast and let her body slam backwards as the chair shattered. The guards didn't spare her a glance just stood there.

"You must be the witness." A low manly voice said from behind her.