two

i woke up to the blinding sunlight that peeked through the curtain of my ravenclaw dorm. groaning i jumped out of bed and took a quick shower since breakfast had already started and non of my dorm mates decided to wake me up. which is not irregular since i don't have any friends in my year well, except from regulus. i ran down the stairs, following the scent of pancakes, i tripped my robes, i closed my eyes waiting for an impact but it never came. i felt a pair of strong arms holding me close to a warm body. how can someone be this warm during winter? i opened my eyes to meet a dark haired boy. "regulus" i said
"isla" my name rolled off his tongue so perfectly it sent chills down my spine. i then realized that he is still holding me so i wriggle out of his grip and cleared my throat awkwardly. "no thank you?" he smiled.
"thank you" i stuttered out, my cheeks were probably rosy red. i was completely embarrassed that i forgot my manners in front of my crush.
"nah, it's okay" he chuckled slightly, he still had his morning voice, his hair messy and his eyes were a bit sleepy. and damn, green really does suit him.
"well, i'm gonna go eat breakfast now, don't want to miss it." i smiled lightly.
"yeah yeah, of course," he scratched the back of his neck, "shall we?" he extended his hand towards my direction.
"wouldn't your friends be mad? seeing you with a mudblood like myself?" I questioned honestly.
"i'm sorry isla for what i said before... it took me until third year but i realized that it was pretty stupid to ignore you just because your parents are muggle. we're 18 now and this is our last year here, i realized i didn't really talk to you much since we were what... 10? and i really want our friendship back. i missed you. i missed out late night talks. can you forgive me, and maybe... we'll start over?" his eyes staring right back at me expecting for a positive answer. i missed him too. i missed our late night talks.
"yeah sure" i smiled and acted cool but i was internally screaming.
"really? thank you for giving me a second chance isla, thank you! you won't regret this."
"yeah yeah what ever" i said and we walked to the dining hall talking about the times when we were ten.