After Jack had finished his apple, he fell onto his couch. He yawned, and Copper chirped at him. "What? Oh, are you hungry?" Jack asked, starting to sit up. Copper hopped in response. Jack laughed a little before going into the kitchen to find his friend something to eat.

"What do birds eat?" Jack asked himself. He scanned the fridge, only to find nothing to his avail. He grunted in frustration at the trouble he was having to find something. "Bread," He said, grabbing a piece from the loaf. "Aha!" He smiled, and walked to the living room.

"Do you like bread?" He asked and handed a small piece to Copper. Copper bounced multiple times in his spot and pecked at the bread over and over, eating it. Jack laughed and put some more small pieces onto the coffee table for Copper to eat.

"Ya know.. I really like you, Copper." Jack threw his head back onto the couch, slouching. "I haven't had a real friend in a while.." He sighed.

"We're friends, right?" Jack picked his head up to look at him. Copper chirped at Jack, then continued to eat his bread.

Hopefully, Copper could be Jack's guidance through life. His light through his dark tunnel. That's what Jack needed, but hasn't been searching for. He has not interacted with any living species for the past three years and that's not good. It's healthy to have at least some sort of communication. Copper was his only friend, and Jack liked that. Jack liked the idea of having a friend who could be there for him and actually understand him for what he's going through, and that's exactly what Copper was. Copper knew how skinny Jack was, he knew something was wrong.

Copper wasn't an ordinary bird.. he was intelligent. Smarter than the average bird. That's what Jack liked. Jack was hopeless before... but now, he found his hope.