Chapter Four

"Delilah, it's almost noon. I think you should get up." Ezra said poking my cheek.

With my eyes still closed I swatted at his hand and mumbled fuck off.

He chuckled but my heart began to ache at the realization at that Hayden wasn't here. At all.

I opened my eyes and jumped out of the bed, "I need to get out of here."

My eyes darted around the room, to many memories flooded my head to focus on one.

I swiftly walked to my closest pulled out clothes then walked out of the bedroom to get dressed.

Ezra sat on my bed watching me until I exited.

I shut the bathroom door quickly behind me.

I cringed at my reflection in the mirror. My freckles had grown darker because of all the time I spent outside instead of inside the apartment.

My hair was all over the place and in knots. My makeup was smeared from my crying last night.

I sighed turned on the shower. Only to groan at another memory.

Hayden's sweet singing was filling the apartment up. She was loud enough to hear throughout the apartment, but I wanted to listen closer.

I quietly walked through the open bathroom door and took a seat on the counter as I listened to her voice.

"I don't mind spending everyday out on the corner in the pouring rain.." I closed my eyes and smiled as I listened.

I wish I could stop caring, the way she did. Leave all the memories behind and act like it was nothing. But I can't.

There is no way I can act like she is nothing when she is everything to me.

I ended my shower almost as soon as I started it and got ready in no time.

When I opened the door I noticed that Ezra was still sitting on my bed, but he had my phone in his hands.

"What the fuck are you doing Ezra?" I asked grabbing my phone out of his hands.

"Hayden.. called." He said.

I looked at him, then at my phone. "She what!"

I unlocked my phone the fastest I ever have and dialed in her number. Only it went straight to voicemail.

"Hayden, hey! I'm just calling you back because you know, you called me and I-"

"Del!" Ezra whispered shaking his head.

I gave him a questioning look and he took my phone out of my hands, "she left you a voicemail."

My heart melted as her voice began to play through the speaker of my phone.

"Hello Delilah, it's Hayden, in case you don't have my number anymore," I snorted. Why wouldn't I save her number? Doesn't she know that I'm in love with her?

"The other day I was looking for a few of my CD'S and I realize now that I left them at ou- your apartment."

My heart started to beat as fast as it did in my dream last night, maybe even faster. Ezra looked at me.

"I would honestly rather not go back to the apartment so if you don't mind I'll be at that cafe I used to bring you to. I'll be there around 13:00. I'd really appreciate it if you brought them to me, I'm in dying need of them." She giggled, and I smiled out of habit at the sound.

"However Michael and I are meeting another couple there so if that's a problem we can try and work it out another time. Hope I see you soon Del.. Delilah. Bye."

"Welp she's a bitch." Ezra said shaking his head.

I glared at him and walked into the living room to find the CD'S she needed. Ezra soon followed after.

"No. Del, don't tell me you're actually gonna go!" He said rushing to me and grabbing the discs out of my hand.

"Hey! Give me those you asshole!" I tried reaching for them but like some immature middle schooler he held them above his head where I couldn't reach.

So I did the only natural things I could think of.

I pulled my fingers into a tight fist and punched him in the balls. And he easily dropped the CD'S.

I smiled and collected them off the ground while Ezra laid on the floor cussing me out.

Once he recovered I gave him the option to come with me or go home, and him being the annoy fucker he is, he decided to come along.

"I can run them in for you if you want." He suggested.

I shook my head, "I'm a big girl."

We arrived outside of the shop and my head was spinning. I was about to her after six months.

My stomach was doing flips and Ezra was talking in circles trying to talk me out of it.

"Ezra shut up already, I'm going in. I haven't seen her in six months. This might be good for me."

He gave me a twisted look, "good for you? Delilah the moment you walk into your apartment you have tears enter your eyes. You can't not think about her ever. I mean look at what she did to you! And you think this is going to be good for you?"

I sighed, "I'm the reason she left Ezra. I did it to myself. Maybe if I hadn't been so clueless and selfish things would be different. She gave me chance after chance and I just hurt her to many times. But I'm still to selfish to not walk in there and she her one last time."

He blinked a few times before he responded. "Whatever."

I began to reach for the but hesitated and turned around to Ezra, "I look okay right?"

He rolled his eyes, "You look great Del."

I smiled and nodded opening the door and walking through with Ezra. We scanned the shop until I finally spotted her dark skin and hair sitting at a table in the back.

"Holy shit..." Ezra said, his breathing picking up.

I looked at him, "Are you cumming looking at Hayden right now? Because I swear I will fucking burn you if you ar-"

"No! That girl sitting with Hayden is my ex."

At that same moment Hayden made eye contact with me, her smile fading away. And as Ezras ex girlfriend began to turn our way he grabbed my hand, intertwining our fingers.