Meeting the Crew of Pirates

Merrick asked me if  Iwanted to come up on deck to get some fresh air but I told him I was NOT going up on deck looking like I did.

"No one will care." He said.

"But I do." I answered. "My hair's all greasy and I haven't had a shower in 2 days."

"The Capitain ordered me to bring you up on deck so the crew could meet you. 'e said it would be better to get to know you before we get where we're going so we can warn 'em if you try and escape." Merrick said.

"Them who?" I asked.

Merrick shut his mouth tight and scowled at me.

"Just come on already." He grumbled dragging me behind him.

We started down the hall then went up on the deck. The sun hurt my eyes and I had to blink a few times to get used to it. Men and boys were scattered all around on deck pulling on ropes, scrubbing the deck, and yelling at each other.

Merrick took me around the deck introducing me to people and telling me their position. The only people I remember very well are Victor the first mate, Ralph the salior (Most of them were just saliors),Hilliard the second mate, Baxter the cook, Bram the quarter master, and Ross, Murray, Brad, Reynord, Murdock, and Rad who were all sailors.

Victor, a 5'10ft  man with wild blond hair that came to his eyebrows, blue eyes, a long sleeved shirt and billowy pants ended up being Vinsions dad. I was afraid he'd be mad at me for yelling at his son but he just grinned at me and nodded.

Ralph was Victor's oldest son and Vinsions older brother. He was as tall as his father with the same hair and eye color but he had his hair tied up into a lose ponytail. He was also a skinny thing with a billowy long sleeved shirt, long baggy pants and knee hight boots. He reminded me of guys in the civil war.

The second mate Hilliard was a big man, 6ft in height, with black hair, brown eyes, and darker skin. His hair was almost in a buzz cut and he had a long sleeved shirt with tattered pants.

Baxter the cook was a fat, bald man who had hazel eyes and a huge jolly laugh. He looked like any normal fat guy.

Bram was a tough guy.  He was dark skinned like Hillard and had brown eyes as well. I couldn't tell what color his hair was becuase he had a bandana on over it but I guessed it was black. He was the one who looked like a real pirate. Big gold earings hung from his ears and he wore a vest without a shirt under it. Tattoos were scattered all over his chest and arms. A rope held his pants up for him like a belt and a sword and pistol hung from it.

Ross looked like a skinny, Asian version of Bram with his bandana and gold earing in one ear. He also had no shirt on but he didn't have a vest and his pants seemed to fit without a rope for support. His hair hung down from the bandand in messy black curls and his eyes were pitch black and kind of scared me.

Murray was an older man with graying brown hair and one blue eye and one green eye. He had gold earings as well and was slightly over wieght. He was also shorter then me and had a wodden leg.

The vest with no shirt style seemed to be popular bacuase Brad wore his like that as well. Brad was a tallish man who only looked like a pirate because of his vest and knee high boots. Other then those he would have looked like any other guy walking around in a mall or something.

Reynord was a teenager who wore his brown hair up in a ponytail, kind of like Ralph but his was shorter, he had brown eyes and he was taller then Ralph by 2 inches. He wore a short sleeved shirt, pants and knee high boots.

 Murdock was a really short Japanese guy. I was taller then him by like 6 inches. He had shaggy balck hair and unusual narrow green eyes. He wore only a pair of shorts and a leather belt to hold his pistol and went barefoot.

Rad was about as tall as Ralph and had wild red hair and curious hazel eyes. He looked Irish. He wore a baggy shirt that was untied by his neck showing his chest and a pair of black pants. (He apparently liked having his own style becuase every one else had brown pants or shorts.)

They were all really kind to me and I felt uncomfortable. Like their kindness wasn't real. I didn't see Vinsion around on deck and I was dissapointed. I had wanted to apoligize. I knew if I asked Victor where he was I might be able to find him but I also knew they wouldn't let me just roam the ship on my own.

I finally got the nerve to ask Victor to go with me to find Vinsion. When I did he grinned down at me and said "Sure thing Lass. Hold on while I go get the keys."

Keys?