Chapter Five ~ Running Away

Chapter Five

A flustered look passes over my pale face. He keeps on shouting at me, stressed. His hands met his forehead and he lets out a deep breath. Damian spotted Hudson and I kissing at the middle of a block near the bay.

"How many times should I going to warn you about this dangerous fool?! Mackenzie, stay away from him! He's taking advantage of you! Make your brain work!! After all this time, you still totally dig that beast huh?! Come on Mackenzie! He won't do good! All he does is to make fun of people! Seriously, I don't know what crept into your mind to even hang out with-" I cut him off, not wanting to lose my temper.

"SHUT UP DAMIAN!! All you do is scold me and tell me I'm wrong, crazy, stupid! Why?! Am I your responsibility?!" I heavily sigh, tired of all these. The tension between the two of us is becoming intense.

He clenches his jaw, his eyes glistening with anger. "FINE! I didn't know I was never an important friend for you! From now on, I will never bother to come up to you again!!! Smhhh. I should have known I've been such a cliché for you all along!"

I nearly freeze. I barely had the energy to move, it hurts. Everything he said to me was really painful. It hits me square in the chest. It's soul wrenching. My eyes filled with constant water rolling down my face.

Damian races away from me tartly.

"DAMIAN!!" I try to run as possible as I could.

"DAMIAN WAIT!!" I composed myself rushing over to advance on his spot. I wrap my arms around his waist from his back. "Damian......" I sniffle as tears roll down my redden cheeks. He yanks my arms away then turns to me. "What do you want?" he rolls his eyes upward looking down to his feet, avoiding my eye.

"You know, I-I'm so sorry." I mumble between sobs. "Sorry Damian. Don't leave me please I'm begging." the normal sobs turns into soul jarring ones. I tightly wrap myself around him, not wanting him to let go.

"I like you, Damian."

His face tends to fall. Confusion overwhelms his eyes with shock. His jaw was almost dropped. The wind whips my hair back, sending it flying around my face. The bay swells up around us swallowing us in its natural glamour. I could hear the thumping of my heart nearly throwing me into hysterics. Honestly, I'm afraid of what he is going to reply. I just can't breathe properly. Damian is frozen at his place gazing at me with puzzlement.

"S-seriously M-Mackenzie?! I-" his voice was shaky as he stammers exhaling air into his mouth. I just nod in between sobs. My heart speeds up in my chest.

"Damian, it is you who I really like. Not H-hudson. I felt nothing special from our kiss. It was all an infatuation." I speak through sobs. He shakes his head still panting.

At this outburst, he turns to me, "I'm not going to stand the thought of us not being friends. No. The way you feel about me, it's wrong. It's wrong Mackenzie!!" the pain drips from his voice.

He's now within my view, walking away. The other part of me knew that this wasn't all going to be sunshine. Just the thought of that breaks me down into tears and my knees automatically buckles and crumples to the floor, still on the same spot wallowing in my own sadness.

******

I crouch into a ball with my head between my legs. The living room is completely quiet. The tears are nearly drained from crying too much. The pain keeps on shooting through my abdomen.

My brothers come flying in the house. The wooden floor creaks beneath their feet. Michael headlongs straight ascending the burgundy staircase, Matthew storms into the bathroom and I could hear silent "PRFFFTSSS" though, and Mark plops down beside me scooping me up in a hug. I jerk my head out between my legs and sniffles. "Hi bro." I groggily muttered. He peeps on my face, quizzically glaring at me.