Studying in hospital

It was Friday today, I just had to get through today and then it would be the weekend. My Saturday was going to be pretty boring but on Sunday I was going shopping with Alice and Harper.

I walked down the halls in my grey Adidas jumper and purple shorts. I wasn't getting as much attention so the news must have died down.

 I wasn't getting as much attention so the news must have died down

I went straight to class to find Alice and Harper there already. I saw them whispering and was about to go over to them when someone tapped me on the shoulder. 

I turned around to be face to face with Tegan. She was wearing a mauve jumper with a polka dot shirt underneath and denim shorts.

 She was wearing a mauve jumper with a polka dot shirt underneath and denim shorts

"Er hi." I said.

"Meet me at Starbucks after school so we can get this stupid tutoring thing over and done with." 

"I thought you were supposed to be the smart one." I smirked.

"What's that supposed to mean?" 

"We're banned from Starbucks smart ass." 

"Oh, right." Tegan said.

"Meet me at the park." She said.

I didn't have time to and talk to Alice and Harper as Mr Fields came in and we all had to go to our seats.

I looked around and noticed that Mia wasn't here today. It surprised me because she was doing everything she could not to get suspended, not coming to school could ruin that.

10 minutes later and I was working away at a worksheet that I didn't any notice of my surroundings. That was until the whole class gasped when the door opened.

Mia hobbled in, her pink dress was stained with blood and she had cuts and bruises everywhere. She was crying and winced in pain every time she moved.

 She was crying and winced in pain every time she moved

"What happened?" Mr Fields questioned.

"The brakes on my car weren't working so I crashed." Mia replied, stopping a few times when it hurt to breathe. I suspected she had a broken rib or ribs.

"Someone call the ambulance and the police." Mr Fields demanded.

"No!" Mia shouted. "I have a test third period." 

"I'm sure they'll let you do it another time." Mr Fields said seriously.

Within half an hour the police and ambulance had arrived. The police went to go investigate the crash and see what caused the brakes to fail. Where Mia was taken in the ambulance to the hospital where Chloe went along with her.

Soon the police came in with a very angry looking Mr Fields. 

"The brakes didn't fail." Mr Fields breathed out.

"So she just crashed?" A guy asked.

"No, they were cut." One of the police officers said.

Everyone was shocked, who would do that? 

Everyone stared looking toward me and Tegan. Yes I hated Mia but I would never try to kill her - I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. 

"Do you have any idea who could have done this?" The officer said.

"Katie and Tegan both hate her so they have a reason to." A girl said.

"I didn't do it!" Me and Tegan exclaimed at the same time.

"We're going to have to take both of you down to the station for questioning."

My breathing started to pick up, I couldn't go to the station. What if someone recognised me? And I hated police stations, I've already had my fair share of them.

We were being led out of the door when the officer got a message through his radio.

"Well it looks like I won't have to take you down to the station, they found fingerprints on the brakes." 

I let out a huge sigh of relief that didn't go unnoticed by everyone.

"Care to explain why you seemed nervous?" The officer asked.

"It's because she's already gone to prison." Carly said with an evil smirk. I hated that girl nearly as much as I hated Mia and Tegan.

Yes I went to prison before but it wasn't for long and no one knows why. I'm hoping it will stay that way. The night of the incident everyone found out that I went to prison but luckily I stopped Mia and Tegan before they could tell anybody why I went to prison. They were the only two other people besides my parents that knew the real reason I went to prison, that's why I had to be careful when exposing their secrets.

I just ignored her and sat in my seat, resuming my worksheet.

*** 

Tegan and I decided that we should still study but study at the hospital with Mia. Tegan wanted to postpone it until Sunday but I was busy on Sunday.

We walked into Mia's room to find she was asleep.

"I told you we should have done this on Sunday." Tegan whisper-yelled.

"And I told you that I'm busy on Sunday." I replied.

Mia stirred and woke. She looked panicked that we were in her room but then we told her we were here to study. 

"Are you alright?" I asked awkwardly.

"Don't act like you care." She spat. 

"What did the doctor say was wrong with you?" Tegan asked looking guilty. I didn't want to think she had anything to do with this. I know her and she wouldn't have done this - well the past her wouldn't have but I don't know about the new her.

"2 broken ribs and a concussion. I should be fine within a few days if I rest." She replied.

We carried on with the studying not saying much to each other for the rest of the time. Just as Tegan and I were about to leave Mia spoke up.

"I didn't know you hated me this much. I'm going to find out which one of you did it." 

"I wouldn't wish this on anybody." I said but I realised I was wasting my breath as she looked out the window and ignored us. 

I looked over at Tegan and saw she looked even more guilty. My evil side came out of me at that point, I wasn't going to go to prison again so I needed something that would prove that I was innocent.

"Tegan, you might want to stop looking guilty." I said with a smirk.

"I don't know what you're talking about."  She replied.

I got closer to her and whispered in her ear,

"I know you had something to do with this, so you better watch out." 

And I walked off feeling smug and victorious.