015 ➙ INTERROGATE

"You're off." Natasha told Armina as they stood together in the training room at the facility.

"I'm not." She stated as she shook her head before throwing at punch at the punching bag in front of her.

"You used to train to ease your nerves. What's wrong?" Natasha asked as she stepped up behind the punching bag, holding it in place for her.

"Nat, seriously? I can't train for my own good?" She sighed as she watched the red-head before punching the bag again. This time, harder than before.

"I know you, Armina. Plus, you're not being your usual sarcastic self." She shot back, earning a sigh from Armina.

"Fine. You wanna know what's wrong?" Her voice rose as she spoke before sending a hard punch to the bag, making Natasha stumble away from the punching bag.

Armina backed away from the bag, unwrapping her fists as she did so. Natasha turned to face her, placing her hands on her hips before nodding for her to continue.

"I'm a damn experiment!" Armina exclaimed, her jaw clenching as she looked up at her best friend. Clearly, she was becoming more and more pissed by the second.

"What?" Natasha's brows furrowed, confusion filling her.

"I am an experiment, Natasha. Do I need to say it in any slower? I was knocked out cold, and experimented on. And to them, I was a failure, but I'm not." She rambled out, not taking note of the sparks that were forming at her finger tips.

"Armina, you need to calm down." Natasha could see the sparks as she took a step closer to her.

"Seriously? I'm not even myself anymore, or at least I don't feel like it." She shook her head sharply, watching as Natasha pressed a finger against her ear.

"Sam, you were right."

"Oh, you've got to be fucking kidding me." She spat out, throwing her hands up in exaggeration. As she did so, sparks left her fingertips and hit the lights above them. Resulting in the lights of the training room to blow.

"Oh my god." She breathed out as she looked up at the ceiling in clear shock. "I didn't mean to do that. I swear.."

"Ar, it's okay. Calm down. Your abilities have definitely been messed with, it's not your fault." Natasha said carefully as she took a step closer to her.

"I'm a mess." Armina stated as she ran her hands through her hair. "This is why I stayed away. This is why I shouldn't have agreed to help. I shouldn't have caught damn feelings for Sam either. Oh god."

"You've saved so many people in the process, Armina. Sam told me what you said, and it's true. Either way, they would've found a way to get to you. It doesn't matter if you helped us or not. Don't let this be your weakness."

As she finished her statement, Sam walked into the room. Armina shot him a glare, and he knew that if looks could kill, he'd be dead.

"I was worried about you, Mina." He stated clearly, making her roll her eyes in response.

"Why the hell didn't you just ask me? Talk to me face to face instead of having one of my best friends interrogate me." She rubbed her temples, emitting a sigh.

"Because I knew you wouldn't talk to me, and you would talk to her." He explained as he folded his arms across his chest.

Armina ignored him as he went to walk passed both him and Natasha. Her arms swung at her sides, her jaw clenched. She stopped at the door of the training room, turning around to face him.

"I'm really glad that an ant kicked your ass."