002 ➙ COMING DOWN

Once Natasha had her hands on the flash drive, she stuck around the hospital. Though she didn't explain that part to Armina as she tossed a gum wrapper into a bin a few feet away from her. Armina looked up as she saw a man walking up to the vending machine, his jackets hood up so she couldn't see his face.

In a flash, she saw the man push Natasha into a room before pulling his hood off.

"Hey, don't–" Armina began before she realized who it was. "Damn. You do look good in person."

Steve seemed to ignore her comment as he turned his attention towards Natasha, clearly angry. "Where is it?"

"Safe." Natasha stated clearly as Armina let out a short sigh, watching the two intently while also making sure no one entered the room.

"Do better!" He snapped, his jaw clenching.

"Can you two not fight, really?" Armina leaned against the fully closed door, folding her arms across her chest.

"No!" The two yelled simultaneously.

"Where'd you get it?" Natasha asked as she looked up at the super soldier.

"Why would I tell you?" He shot back.

"You sound like children." Armina muttered.

"Fury gave it to you. Why?" Natasha raised her brows, awaiting an answer.

"What's on it?" Steve clearly ignored her question as he continued to stare down at her in a way Armina found slightly intimidating.

"I don't know."

"Stop lying!"

"How about stop yelling, yes?" The brunette suggested as she waved an arm suggestively. "That sounds good."

"I only act like I know everything, Rogers."

Armina couldn't help but snort at Natasha's words before quickly covering her mouth. The two continued on with their bickering, and it was clearly beginning to annoy Armina as she sat down in a chair by the door.

"I know who killed Fury." Natasha's words caught Armina's attention as her head shot up to look at the red-head before she continued to explain. "Most of the intelligence community doesn't believe he exists, the ones who do call him the Winter Soldier. He's credited with over two dozen assassinations in the last fifty years."

Armina knew just who she was talking about. She had heard of him before, several times at that.

"So he's a ghost story." Steve stated.

"Five years ago I was escorting a nuclear engineer out of Iran, somebody shot at my tires near Odessa. We lost control, went straight over a cliff, I pulled us out, but the Winter Soldier was there. I was covering my engineer, so he shot him straight through me." Natasha pulls up her shirt to show him the scar  on the side of her stomach. "A Soviet slag, no rifling. Bye-bye bikinis."

"Yeah, I bet you look terrible in them now."

"Going after him is a dead-end. I know, I've tried. We both have," Natasha pointed towards Armina before holding up the flash drive, "like you said, he's a ghost story."

"Well, let's find out what the ghost wants." Steve said after taking the flash drive from Natasha hand.

"And explain to me who she is." Steve turned, pointing a finger at Armina.

"Armina." The brunette spoke as she stood up from the seat, looking Steve up and down in an admiring way.

"Steve Rogers." He nodded his head as a sort of greeting.

"Oh, I know." She mumbled.

"She's helping us find the Winter Soldier." Natasha stated from behind Steve.

"Let's get to work, then."

——

okay so maybe this chapter is shorter than it was supposed to be. i don't exactly want to get deep into things just yet. seeing as though it's only the second chapter. sam will be in the next chapter, hopefully!