009 ➙ AS YOU ARE

"Attention, all SHIELD agents," Steve's voice rang throughout Armina's ears as she stood behind Sam, "this is Steve Rogers. You've heard a lot about me over the last few days, some of you were even ordered to hunt me down. But I think it's time you know the truth. SHIELD is not what we thought it was, it's been taken over by HYDRA. Alexander Pierce is their leader. The STRIKE and Insight crew are HYDRA as well. I don't know how many more, but I know they're in the building. They could be standing right next to you. They almost have what they want: absolute control. They shot the Nick Fury and it won't end there. If you launch those Helicarriers today, HYDRA will be able to kill anyone that stands in their way, unless we stop them. I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not."

As he finished his speech over the speakers at the SHIELD facility, Sam shared a look with Armina before turning back to the super soldier.

"Did you write that down first or was it off the top of you head?" He questioned, making Armina snort from behind him.

"We've gotta get to the helicarriers, guys. Nat can hold her own for now." Armina said as she began to walk past the two men.

"Keep an eye out for anyone who looks like an enemy." Steve instructed both Armina and Sam, to which the two nodded.

"Mina, do you have comms in?" Sam asked as he hurriedly followed the girl.

"I'm not that stupid, of course I do. Gotta know if I have to come save your ass. Or better yet, save the old man over here." She pointed beside her towards Steve, who simply shot her a look.

"Oh, you won't have to save my ass." Sam gave her a smug look as they ran out to the helicarriers, side by side.

"Hey, Cap!" Sam yelled from beside Armina. "How do we know the good guys from the bad guys?"

"If they're shooting at you, they're bad." He responded back rather quickly before Sam took off from the ground. Armina remained on the ground with Steve, seeing as though she had no ability to fly whatsoever. She glanced upwards, seeing that Sam was flying around to avoid getting shot.

"He can hold his own!" Steve yelled as he glanced back at Armina.

"I know." She mumbled before Sam'a voice came through the comms.

"Hey Cap, I think I found the bad guys you were talking about."

"Already got yourself in trouble, Sammy Boy?" Armina teased.

"You okay?" Steve asked after her.

"Not dead yet." Sam responded as he, Steve, and Armina continued to fight off people who were either shooting at them or coming at them.

"You got that sword on you?" Steve asked as he shoved a man away, using his shield.

"Of course I do." She looked over at him as if he were crazy to think she didn't.

"Now might be a time to use it!" He yelled back, as he kicked a man in the stomach.

"Aye, aye, Captain." Armina stood her ground for a brief moment, removing her belt from its secure place around her waist. She glanced over her shoulder, seeing that a man was coming her way. She pulled the belt out, the links connected quickly.

"Not so fast." She grumbled before swinging the sword, hitting the man.

"Falcon, status?" The voice of Maria Hill came though her comms, almost startling her since she had forgotten she was there.

"Engaging." Sam responded a moment later, making a sense of relief for through Armina's mind. She turned, seeing that Sam landed back on the ground near the helicarriers. "Alright Cap, I'm in."

As Armina was turned, a man had came up behind her, wrapping his arm around her neck tightly in attempts to knock her out. This made her drop her sword before grabbing his arm tightly in return.

A spark formed around her fingers before she harshly sent a pulse of electricity through the man's arm. His grip barely did lessen, making Armina's mind seem to freeze as she tried to come up with a way to get away.

Swiftly, she kept the pulse of electricity flooring through her hand before digging her nails into the man's wrist. She heard him grunt in her ear before she used the heel of her foot to kick his kneecap. She used this as an advantage to flip the man forward and off of her.

She quickly grabbed her sword before holding it to the man's chest. "I suggest you stay down."

"Anyone got eyes on the dumbass Falcon?"

-

iTS BEEN SO LONG!

I'm sorry, my lovelies. But finally, I have granted you beautiful beings with another chapter.