chapter 10 - Enchantress

"There's only that one person who will always have your heart."

---------------

"Whaaaaaat?" parehong nabigla sina James at Devon sa sinabi ni Lady Helena. Muntik nang natapakan ni James ang break pero buti na lang that his instinct works just well. 

He glances at his grandma who looks relaxed. She's not even surprised at their reaction. He takes a quick look at Devon who immediately looks away.

"I know you two are beginners but you are both well-equipped and highly competent enough for this job. Shouldn't you be proud because I'm giving you this challenge this early? Sooner or later, you will do things like this." Lady Helena casually stated.

Devon is quiet.... eagerly waiting for the Lady's words. While James' attention is divided into 3.. to the road, to her grandma, and to the lady sitting next to him. He put on a cold treatment when he saw her a while ago but he's getting the dose of his own medicine. The girl doesn't even look at him. He, being a dashing man, how can she treat him with disinterest?

'Seriously man? At this moment, you thought of that?' he scolded himself quietly.

"Devon has a hands on experience... to combine with your international business exposure James. Let's test that formula as a start, shall we? Nora...." Lady Helena turned to her assitant.

Ms. Nora started to relate..

"We receieved a classified information that some German investors are in the country for an unknown reason. We thought they're here to scout some companies. Nandito sa folder ang names and pictures nila. Sila ang hahanapin nyo sa investors' party tonight. The fact that the hotel will host a party for them means that their presence is no longer a secret... so, hindi lang kayo ang nandun to persuade them. Nandito na rin sa folder ang kailangan ninyong idiscuss. The creative team is ready to present any time. Nakastandby sila sa isang room sa hotel just in case, you need them immediately. "

"Everything is set." Lady Helena concluded.

"This is ridiculous." James muttered.

"Devon, what do you think?" Ms. Helena disregarded her grandson's reaction.

Nag-isip sandali si Devon. She's not scared to jump in the water. What Lady Helena seems asking is for her to jump in the water in heels... which means, inappropriate, unprepared. But that's the challenge actually and she loves challenges.

"I won't promise a good result but I won't give you a bad result either." She simply stated.

Napatingin sa kanya si James, but Devon looks straight ahead. Napapailing na lang ang binata. 

"Good! I know it won't be that quick to get an investor but at least, make a good impression. That will open opportunities to discuss business in the future." Lady Helena advised.