Chapter 14

* 2 weeks later *

"Mom do you have to go?"

"Yes. Now help me take my bags downstairs, Darnell is gonna be here any minute now."

I smacked my lips and grabbed one of my mom's bags. She and Darnell had to go on a business trip to LA for a whole week, and Chris was suppose to stay at my house.

"Mom isn't Chris old enough to stay home alone. Why he gotta stay here?"

"Darnell says Chris can't be trusted at home alone for long periods of time."

I raised an eyebrow "Okay."

I really didn't have a problem with Chris staying here. He's like my bestfriend, but I can't help but to think back to us kissing. I was snapped out of my thoughts.

"Oh Darnell and Chris are here."

I walked out and took my mom's bag to Darnell's car. Chris parked his car on the street, and helped my mom put her bags into his dad's car.

When we got back in I took Chris' bag to the guest room. He laughed "When you gonna let me sleep in your room?"
I chuckled "How about never!?" He smirked "Ok."

I was in my room listening to music when Chris came. He sat near where I was laying on my bed.

He said "We should go out tonight."

"Did you forget we have school tomorrow?"

"I mean just out for dinner."

"Umm. I guess we can go."

"Okay be dressed by 8. And wear something nice!"

"Where are we going?"

He smiled "You'll see."

It was just 5 so I decided to make a couple stops.

"I'll be back Chris."

He yelled "Ok" from his room.

First I went to the flower shop. I decided to get 2 red roses. Then I headed to the cemetery. I walked up a slight hill and found the grave that said "Eric Dunn". I laid the flowers next to his grave and closed my eyes "Eric I miss you so much. You were the reason I woke up in the morning, and now I never wanna wake up. I feel like it's something missing in my life. I will never find anybody like you." I kissed the palm of my hand, and put the hand on the grave. I looked at his grave once more, then left.

When I got back home Chris wasn't there. But I took a shower. I put on a sky blue high-low dress that stopped mid calf, nude peep toe pumps, and gold accessories. I lightly curled my hair.

Chris knocked on my door. I said "Come in." He walked in "You lookin' nice!" I giggled and hugged him "Thanks, you don't look half bad yourself."

In the car we were singing along to Girls Love Beyonce.

"So where are we going?"

"Be patience you'll see."

When the car stopped we were at the beach. I looked at Chris "What are we doing here?" He smiled "Just come on." I got out the car and took my shoes off. There were tiki torches lighting the way to a table.

I joked "Chris did you actually do something nice?"

He took my hand and laughed "Yes."

We walked to our table, and he served the food. We talked, laughed, and joked around.

"Chris thanks for comforting me, with everything that's been going on."

"Anything for you Sae."