Epilogue Part 2

That Saturday night

"Are you okay?" Maheen leaned over to ask Laila who had been absentmindedly playing with her bowl of now melted ice cream. "You've been quiet ever since you got back. Can I help with something?"

"No" Laila smiled "It's nothing. Thanks"

"It's that guy isn't it" Maheen smiled "The one you came back with. You two are... together?"

"No. We're not"

And that was the truth of it. They weren't together and from the look of things they couldn't be. This was Saturday night and on Sunday evening he'd most likely be on a plane out of there, for work on Monday.

The rest of the dinner went by with Laila quietly sulking while Yaseer who was on the opposite side of the table was busy catching up with Mukhtar and becoming acquainted with Akram to notice her morose mood. It was only until a young petite lady who looked like she was about to pass out from exhaustion came around the table that Laila spoke up.

"Ya Maheen" the lady groaned before coming to sit down on Maheen's lap and cradling herself on her like a baby, barely missing Alam who had previously been on his mother's lap but was hastily carried away by Adil who no doubt knew what his sister was coming to do. "I'm tired"

"My poor baby" Maheen chuckled "You need sleep"

"Yes I do" without lifting her head up she said "Ya Akram carry me to the car"

"I have another baby to take care of Afra"

"Ahmad" she groaned "Carry me. I'm too tired to walk"

"And break my back from your weight? No thank you"

"Daddy" she cried in frustration "Ahmad's being mean"

"Ahmad leave her alone" his father smiled at his daughter as she complained. Afra had no idea that the entire table which included persons that weren't her family were watching her mostly in amusement. Adil leaned over to Yasmin and whispered something about Afra, making Yasmin chuckle

"Maama I'm tired" she groaned again

"Sit up and eat something"

Afra sat up lazily and her eyes widened when she saw the four unfamiliar faces staring at her. "Oh my God"

Everyone laughed at her. She got off her sister in law's laps and plopped down on a chair next to her daddy before she grinned sheepishly "Sorry about that"

Laila smiled at her and then congratulated for pulling off the event. Told her how perfect everything was and was genuine about it

"Thank you. I really appreciate it" Afra smiled at her

It was late so Laila said to Mukhtar "Mukhtar we should get going"

He agreed and they stood up, Mukhtar and Yaseer shaking hands with the men while Laila and Yasmin hugged Maama, Afra and Maheen. Laila saw Adil and Yasmin walk out before the rest of them and she smiled at the cuteness of it. Yaseer would flip if he knew what his sister was up to. He wouldn't stick around long enough to find out

And just like that her smile fell off.

"It was really nice meeting you" Maheen said over Laila's shoulder as she hugged her once more.

"You too; especially Alam" Laila waved at the baby that was with Ahmad now. She smiled at Ahmad, before she turned around and walked out. She could hear Yaseer and Mukhtar behind her.

When they emerged outside Laila had already made up her mind; she wasn't going to fight with him about his absence. Because it wouldn't matter; he was going back the next day and who knew when she'd see him next.