Chapter Four

.: Tyler :.

I step into the back room of the music wing, this place has a second piano. I prefer to play here because no one can hear me unless they get really close to the door. But no one ever has, except for Josh.

I decide to play 'Friend, Please,' a song that wrote myself but it was intended for my only friend, Josh Dun. The boy that I am in love with. The boy who doesn't remember me.

He was depressed, I don't know if the whole losing his memory thing made him suddenly happier. He never told his other friends. He didn't self harm or anything he just felt like he would never have any purpose.

He has a purpose to me, I used to be home schooled because my parents thought I was going to be an international basketball star. They don't know I play music. When I was 15 we moved so I could go to a public school, I couldn't make any friends until one day a certain boy found my treehouse.

"But, friend, please don't take your life away from...me" I sing as I play the final note of the song.

After that I play one of my first songs called Holding On To You. I like this one, I played it at the park on my little keyboard once and a little girl told me I should name the song Holding On To You, so I did.

I remembered the girl from my church, her name is Ruby and she has down syndrome.

"Entertain my faith," I sing.

"Entertain my faith," I let my singing become louder as I sing the verse each time.

"ENTERTAIN MY FAITH," I scream, good thing no one can hear me, only a few people know that Tyler Joseph, captain of the basketball team can play the piano let alone sing.

"Entertain my faith," I let my words fade as I begin to start the next verse but I am cut off as the door slowly opens.

No one ever comes in here except Josh. That's exactly who I see opening the door. I look at him, he gets even more beautiful every time I see him. His bright blue hair, dark brown eyes.

"Hi," he says quietly.

I don't reply, I'm afraid I might die. Why do I have to be so gay.

I look down, not sure what to do. I'm never like this, I'm usually super sarcastic and rude. But around Josh I can act normal cause I know he knows me. I remind myself that he doesn't remember any of it.

"Sorry to bother you, but you seem familiar." I see a small smile on his face as he leaves. As soon as he closes the door I break down again.