Chapter Two: Stuck Up Girls

It took me an hour to lose them. When I finally did, it was because school had let out and blended in perfectly with everyone coming out of the school. I walked behind a group of boys around my age. They were loud and laughed at the most ridiculous things. I hiked the strap my my back pack higher on my shoulder, making a small sound that broke through their laughter. One of the boys, a blond haired boy with brown eyes and a troublesome smile, glanced back at me. He whispered a few things to his friends who in turn also glanced back at me. I pretended not to notice their spike of interest in me. The blond haired boy broke off from the group and matched his pace with mine.

"Hey," he said, greeting me.

"Hello." I said curtly.

"I'm Adam, what's your name?" He said.

I thought of a random name. "I'm... Ella." That was a pathetic quick name. Why didn't I say something like Alexandria or Katherine or maybe even Bianca.

"So, I've never seen you around school. Are you new or something?" Adam asked.

I shook my head. "I'm home schooled." I lied. "I don't really go out much."

"Hey Adam!" Someone called from behind us.

I was going to keep on walking, but he stopped me when he turned around to see who was calling his name. I pulled my arm free from his grasp, but bumped into his friends. They blocked my way of escape. Without any other choice, I turned back around. Standing there were three girls. The one standing in the middle was the leader, I could tell. She was wearing more expensive looking clothes than the other two. She had stark straight, chestnut brown hair and cobalt blue eyes. Her skirt was short enough to show all her naughty bits underneath if she were to bend over. The shirt she was wearing was so low cut, it showed off the top of her bra. Her friends were wearing skin thight skinny jeans and similar shirts.

"So , Adam, do you want to come to my place?" The girl in the middle asked, running her perfectly manicured hands down his chest. Before he had the chance to say anything, I caught her attention. She pushed him out of her way and stood right in front of me. "Who are you?" She said in a nasty tone.

"I'm Ella," I said crossing my arms across my chest.

"What are you doing with Adam?" She demanded.

I didn't take a step back, like I knew she was expecting. I don't get intimidated easily. "Its called talking. I'd hope you'd know what that is."

Her eyes widened slightly, and then narrowed in a stomach churning glare. "Who do you think you are?"

I smirked. "Do you have a hearing problem? I said my name was Ella."

"Look, new girl, you obviously don't know who I am, so I'm going to let you off with a warning." She snapped her fingers and the girl to her left stepped forward.

The girl had bleach blond hair with a single  gum pink streak in her hair. "This is only going to hurt for a second."

I gave her a puzzled look before I realized what she was talking about. She swiftly swung her arm back, preparing to punch. I caught her fist inches from my face. A look of shock masked her face. I smirked, squeezing her balled up hand. She winced, her forehead creasing.

"You're hurting me." She whined as she tried to pull her hand away. I didn't let go.

"Yes, but this hurts less than what you were about to do to me." I let go of her hand and pushed her back.

The leader of the three girls was about to say something, but was interrupted by someone. "There you are Ella." A male voice said. "I've been looking everywhere for you."

I looked passed Adam and saw the stalker boy. He was alone, surprisingly. "What?" I snapped.

We waltzed over and took me gently by the arm. "What have I said about picking fights?" His eyes pleaded for me to play along.

"I didn't start shi-" I started.

"Now, there is no need for that kind of language." He started leading me away. "I apologize for my girlfriend's behavior. She isn't in the best mood today." He called over his shoulder. My heart fluttered at him calling my his girlfriend and I scolded myself for it.

When we were out of their sight, I wrenched my arm away from him. "Girlfriend? Really? You couldn't say sister?"

A corner of his mouth lifted. "We look nothing alike." He chuckled as if I was a small child that said something silly.

"Whatever," I sneered, crossed my arms. I started walking away from him, but he followed.

"Where are you going?" He asked with true curiosity.

"Away from you."

"What crawled up your butt?"

I spun on my heel, getting in his face. "What. Do. You. Want?" I hissed through my teeth.

"Touchy, touchy..." he muttered. "I want you to join my group."

"No," I said immediately.

He grabbed my arm, stopping me from walked away from him. "Why not? You're not even think about it before you answer."

"Because I don't need to think about it. I don't want to join anything. I'm fine by myself." I tried to pull my arm free, but he wouldn't let go.

She stared at me for a few seconds before saying anything. "If you at least come and stay with us for a few hours, then I'll..."

"You'll what?"

****************

Sort of a cliff hanger. Hope you like it.