Give Up? [AU]

A/N: This is just me having fun with action scenes, as I've been told are my forte. Trigger warning for slight violence, I suppose.

It was an endless cycle and a tortuous dance.
He pinned her to the wall and she retaliated.
She struck him and he did so in return.
Their weapons, guns and daggers and such, lay useless on the training room floor as she went for one more blow and he dodged to roundhouse kick her.
Her eyes widened as his foot made contact with her stomach, her breathing shaky before she spun back around to grab him in a headlock, throwing him to the floor.
"Admit defeat?" Stephanie panted.
"No," Matthew replied.
He rolled over so she was underneath him, throwing her up and slamming her against one of the walls before she quickly grabbed him into a chokehold and spun him around so she could throw a well aimed punch at his gut area. Multiple, actually.
She was snarling now, something like murder laced into her pretty little brown eyes, as she was thrown to the floor by a kick to the stomach, lifting herself with her elbows before being pummeled by his fist.
He held down her wrists.
"Surrender?" Matthew breathed, eyes narrowing.
"No," Stephanie growled, kicking him where it hurt and doing a backflip while he regained his balance and she readied a fighting stance, wiping the smallest drop of crimson blood from her swollen lips.
In a calculated move he lunged for her, wrapping his calloused fingers around her throat and her breaths shuddered as they danced.
She jabbed him in the chest, pummeling him rapid fire with her fists in an attempt to regain her breathing without prying away his fingers, and he felt pity before letting go. She threw him to the floor again, tried to pick him up before sending him throttling to the opposite wall.
He crumpled into a ball and blood dripped from his nose. Blood that he wiped away with a grimace, but as he regained his footing once more, she slammed her palms into the wall behind him, trapping him.
Her breath was hot on his face and he felt himself sweat even more as she leaned in to kiss him, her lips soft against his and she tasted of a mixture of metallic blood and rust and tea and sheer love. He put a hand on her face as an anchor to reality and he breathed heavily when she pulled back, eyes still angrily narrowed.
"What?" He asked naively, worry on his mind.
"Forfeit?" She responded, still wanting to win the match.
"Fine," he sniffed, pulling her closer to him for another kiss and praying that the boss wouldn't catch them. They had a mission tomorrow, after all.